Craftbeerpi 4 installed, but need help with settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customcovers

Reaction score
I've just installed pi4 on hosehead 5bc, setup all hardware and dashboard using a HERM's system and everything runs great during test with water. My question is it appears when I set my target temp and hit auto it runs at 100% power until that set point is hit. Then when temp drops full 100% again until temp is maintained, isn't there a way to set where it will throttle at say 80%-50% to maintain temp? Also having problem hitting the 212* max target temp, never makes it there and once again 100% power all the way. Very concerned I'll never get a full boil during a real brew session and be able to hold it.

It's been quite a while since I set my system up (it sounds like I've got the same setup as you do), but you need to download the heating element plugins and do a PID auto tune. I can't remember off the top of my head which plugin gets you where you want to be, but once you get it dialed in, it is absolutely beautiful.

As far as the boil issue goes, I had the same problem with mine. I believe it has something to do with the nature of boiling water. If I remember correctly, I believe I lowered my "boils at" temperature a degree or two so that the probe would read correctly and set the next step which was to knock the element output down to 70% for the duration of the boil.

I had my setup dialed in pretty nicely, but I moved everything to a new location and downloaded CraftbrewPi4, so I get to do all of this over again. Joy.

Acabei de instalar o pi4 na mangueira 5bc, configurei todo o hardware e o painel usando um sistema HERM e tudo funcionou muito bem durante o teste com água. Minha pergunta é que aparece quando defino minha temperatura alvo e pressiono o modo automático, ele funciona com 100% de potência até que o ponto de ajuste seja atingido. Então, quando a temperatura cair 100% novamente até que a temperatura seja mantida, não há uma maneira de definir onde ela será acelerada em, digamos, 80% a 50% para manter a temperatura? Também tendo problemas para atingir a temperatura máxima de 212 *, nunca chega lá e, mais uma vez, 100% de potência o tempo todo. Muito preocupado, nunca vou ferver totalmente durante uma sessão de fermentação real e ser capaz de segurá-lo.
Você precisa baixar os plugins. Pra ferver e BOIL STEP

Já fiz toda a configuração do meu sistema, porém estou tendo problemas com os sensores ds18b20. Eles começaram funcionando perfeitamente, mas assim que a temperatura passa de 70° eles travam é só voltam a funcionar se reiniciar. Alguém passou por isso?

Back