Weird issue... 50amp BCS 462

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterorr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, well I had a little misshap with my equiptment and had a small eletrical fire.. with the help of some overnight parts from Amazon I got my panel mostly fixed and was running a test batch when I ran into an issue...

When I boil I use a condender lid. Because of this I set my set temp at 210 vs 212 so that I dont have a massive boil over... now when I get to the set temp it just keeps going full throttle.

Funny part is when I turn the manual switch off and back to auto to be controlled by the BCS.. it will maintain the temp set again.. until it has a dramatic drop (like when I recurcuilate for chilling) then its back to full throttle...

I know these are a bit older unit.. I have been using this for almost a decade now... but it has never failed me until now. Figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone has any idea whats going on.

Cheers!

Jeff

Attachments

• pre repair.jpg
    pre repair.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Post repair.jpg
    Post repair.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • overview photo.jpg
    overview photo.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0