Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working to 100 posts
Name removed to protect the guilty. Though it's been a few days, it bears saying publicly - do not encourage this behavior. Posting drivel simply to increase post count and take advantage of some portion of the site will not be tolerated.

Additionally, review the rules, which were vetted by the admin. Trades must be between members with 100+ posts AND 90+ days since joining.

Alrighty here we go.

Cantillon: Fou Foune, Any LP, St Lamvinus, Blaeber, Rose De Gambrinus

Allagash: Any Coolship

The Bruery: Chocolate Rain, Black Tuesday, Wineification

Lost Abbey: Duck Duck Gooze, Cable Car

3 Floyds: Any BA Dark Lord

Drie Fonteinen: Schaerbeekse Kriek, Framboos, A&T, Herfst

Russian River: Beatification, FFAC, T25

New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry

Westbrook: Mexican Cake

Jester King: Aurelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis

Hair of The Dog: Any "From the Wood"

Bell's: Black Note

Portsmouth: Kate The Great, Double Oaked Kate

The Rare Barrel(Growlers?): Ensorcelled, Wise Guise

Surly: Darkness(07-11), BA Darkness, Pentagram, SeVIIn

Name removed to protect the guilty. Though it's been a few days, it bears saying publicly - do not encourage this behavior. Posting drivel simply to increase post count and take advantage of some portion of the site will not be tolerated.

Additionally, review the rules, which were vetted by the admin. Trades must be between members with 100+ posts AND 90+ days since joining.

I realize I'm hours late reading this but I'd still like to thank you. I dont know who it was in reference to nor do I need or want to for that matter. If your posting nonsense just to reach 100 posts I think your missing the point of what I preach. The MAW is a bonus and in a way a thank you for your contribution to the collective of knowledge and experience were lucky to have here on HBT. That's something I'd like everyone to have their part in so discuss, learn, help those that are new to the hobby, and contribute your piece.

Now lets get back to some MAW action!!

I realize I'm hours late reading this but I'd still like to thank you. I dont know who it was in reference to nor do I need or want to for that matter. If your posting nonsense just to reach 100 posts I think your missing the point of what I preach. The MAW is a bonus and in a way a thank you for your contribution to the collective of knowledge and experience were lucky to have here on HBT. That's something I'd like everyone to have their part in so discuss, learn, help those that are new to the hobby, and contribute your piece.

Now lets get back to some MAW action!!

Happens all the time here as well as the easy MAW and local swap threads. More so the other 2. Usually at the recommendation/instigation of others

Happens all the time here as well as the easy MAW and local swap threads. More so the other 2. Usually at the recommendation/instigation of others

Thats not cool....I dont follow the local swap threads but do try to poke my head in both MAWs daily. I dont read every post but it apparently sounds like the honor system may have been too much.

Alrighty here we go.

Bell's: Black Note

Bump

Alrighty here we go.

Just bumping under my name. Got confused when I saw it quoted to Nick

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

It happens all the time. But my thing is what's the difference in a "try to hit 100" or babbling in a random post. We can't monitor all of what people say. The guidelines are 100 post whether helpful or useless

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

I've seen it too, fairly often. It always bothered me, but I just figured I was being uptight. I wasn't aware it was against the rules.

It happens all the time. But my thing is what's the difference in a "try to hit 100" or babbling in a random post. We can't monitor all of what people say. The guidelines are 100 post whether helpful or useless

While its not technically against the rules I don't think it should be encouraged either.

I've seen it too, fairly often. It always bothered me, but I just figured I was being uptight. I wasn't aware it was against the rules.

Its not but I find it in bad taste.

Either way, this is the MAW thread, not the "lets argue the technicality of the rules" thread and it's frowned upon. This is a fun thread that benefits a lot of people. Let's get back on topic before the mods take it away.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

There isnt much of a difference, but it shouldnt be encouraged. If people post midless babble to get into this thread its hard to stop, but I dont think it should be widespread. I would hate for someone to lose their MAW from bad traders taking advantage of the system. It should be encouraged that participants are here for the good of the whole forum, not simply a sweet trade thread.

Either way, this is the MAW thread, not the "lets argue the technicality of the rules" thread and it's frowned upon. This is a fun thread that benefits a lot of people. Let's get back on topic before the mods take it away.

What do you think this is, BA forums? ;) Especially in this thread, off topic is rampant and usually fun. Mods dont silently shut down a thread here, deleting it entirely without a word as to why. I've seen threads shutdown, but theres a mod post at the end as to why. OT conversation here is really like 75% of it, while we wait for the next addition to a list, or a new list.

Lets just keep the spirit of this amazing generosity in this thread. I hope now that it is in the open, encouraging spam just for "new blood" lists dies down, and we keep our awesome thing we have here.

Agreed I think what's been said has been said and now its time to get back to the MAW.

To help get back on track I've got to ask.... Why is it that the only CC beers I see get listed are Life Is Like or some form of Huna? I've never seen one mention of the collab they did with Widmer Bros which makes me wonder... Is it that easy to trade for, just not cared for, or what?

Agreed I think what's been said has been said and now its time to get back to the MAW.

To help get back on track I've got to ask.... Why is it that the only CC beers I see get listed are Life Is Like or some form of Huna? I've never seen one mention of the collab they did with Widmer Bros which makes me wonder... Is it that easy to trade for, just not cared for, or what?

I was contemplating a collab, but opted for the 110K+OT Batch #6 instead. That brew sounded REALLY interesting.
So I'll continue my ISO for it :tank:

I think a lot of the collab was produced and it's a little overpriced. I still see it sitting on shelves here in Portland.

The colab beers they did with Widmer, IMO, were pretty boring and overpriced. Everyone is asking for Life is Like and BA Brandy Huna, which are true wales. I think the only reason they ever distro'd Life is Like is because they pissed everyone off with the unlimited bottles of MZ at the brewery, which left very little for distro. My local liquor got 12 bottles of Life is Like (the only store in my county to receive any), and I had to do some serious back handed maneuvers to get a bottle of BA Brandy Huna.

I think a lot of the collab was produced and it's a little overpriced. I still see it sitting on shelves here in Portland.

Ok I wasn't sure how much they made I just know it never even made it down here. Something's wrong when I live ~7 hours away from the brewery while your on the other side of the country and it never hit our shelves.

I thought collabs were brewed by all the involved brewers. That might be the Widmer Bro's version on the shelves.

I haven't heard this before. My understanding is that collaborations are typically done at a single brewery with the visiting brewers present during brewing, but also collaborating on recipe/process formulation. Recently on The Brewing Network, Jamil and Tasty have been talking about a collab with Stone where Mitch Steele came up to Heretic and brewed with Jamil and Tasty there. Jamil also is doing a collab with Stone (and Anchorage) done at Stone. I've also heard of a brewery doing a "virtual" collaboration (Reuben's Brews, I think), where he's going to do a collab with an English brewery and they'll agree on a recipe and then each brew it at their respective breweries. They collaborated on the brews, but didn't have to fly over the pond to brew it up. Basically, a collab can be done any way the participants want.

After looking up the Widmer/CC beer, it says it was brewed and bottled by Widmer. They would then use their distribution, right? Does much from Widmer get to Florida? This is likely why it's a shelf beer in the NW and hard to find in the SE.

I haven't heard this before. My understanding is that collaborations are typically done at a single brewery with the visiting brewers present during brewing, but also collaborating on recipe/process formulation. Recently on The Brewing Network, Jamil and Tasty have been talking about a collab with Stone where Mitch Steele came up to Heretic and brewed with Jamil and Tasty there. Jamil also is doing a collab with Stone (and Anchorage) done at Stone. I've also heard of a brewery doing a "virtual" collaboration (Reuben's Brews, I think), where he's going to do a collab with an English brewery and they'll agree on a recipe and then each brew it at their respective breweries. They collaborated on the brews, but didn't have to fly over the pond to brew it up. Basically, a collab can be done any way the participants want.

After looking up the Widmer/CC beer, it says it was brewed and bottled by Widmer. They would then use their distribution, right? Does much from Widmer get to Florida? This is likely why it's a shelf beer in the NW and hard to find in the SE.

Its tough to say for sure without being 100% in the know. I know that the few collabs that I've tried were brewed by both brewers, examples being Life and Limb, Collaboration not Litigation, Mo Betta Bretta. Maybe there are a few out there that are proprietary, such as the collabs coming out of Stone Brewery now, where they just bring in special guest brewers.

We get a decent amount of Widmer but I honestly drink my own beer 99% of the time so I'm not up to date with things like I used to be. Basically anything I buy now is for the cellar.

Its tough to say for sure without being 100% in the know. I know that the few collabs that I've tried were brewed by both brewers, examples being Life and Limb, Collaboration not Litigation, Mo Betta Bretta. Maybe there are a few out there that are proprietary, such as the collabs coming out of Stone Brewery now, where they just bring in special guest brewers.

In the cases where both parties brew the beers, what are the labels like? If this Gentleman's Club collab was brewed by CC as well, wouldn't there be different labels from both breweries? I'm just curious as my experience with collabs is quite limited. I'm sure there's some law against a brewery distributing their beer under a different label, so if these collabs are brewed by all parties, their label art has to be different, right?

In the cases where both parties brew the beers, what are the labels like? If this Gentleman's Club collab was brewed by CC as well, wouldn't there be different labels from both breweries? I'm just curious as my experience with collabs is quite limited. I'm sure there's some law against a brewery distributing their beer under a different label, so if these collabs are brewed by all parties, their label art has to be different, right?

the lables for Life and Limb were similar, but not totally alike. Same with the other versions if I remember right.
Also, each different brewery has a slight variant to the recipe, but the bulk of the recipe remains the same. In the case of Mo Betta Bretta, the strain of yeast used by Port was much better tasting than Lost Abbey, but the remainder of the recipe was the same.

the lables for Life and Limb were similar, but not totally alike. Same with the other versions if I remember right.
Also, each different brewery has a slight variant to the recipe, but the bulk of the recipe remains the same. In the case of Mo Betta Bretta, the strain of yeast used by Port was much better tasting than Lost Abbey, but the remainder of the recipe was the same.

That sounds really cool! I'm guessing both were distributed in the same region so someone can buy both off the shelf and do their own side-by-side?

Back