Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I got is PnB... :(
Logsdon Farmhouse is worth keeping an eye on. I really enjoyed the Peche 'n' Brett I got to sample during Seattle Beer Week, it's a very approachable sour compared to other offerings. I'm hoping more of their bottles make it to Seattle. I'm sure Mike won't be disappointed if you can ship some other great local brews too ( he'd consider Cascade local). Send him a PM.

Damn...six kegs is impressive.

Starting to get the sour itch....don't really want farmhouse/saisons. Sours with fruit other than cherry I'd listen to for the most part but the few below I know are popular and highly rated. As always feel free to pm me if you've got ideas but here's a start. I know a few are huge whales so if be open to filling in with extras for those.

Sitr peaches
V013
750ml RR sours or 3L (!)
Vsb
Atrial
CC
HF juicy, mimosa
Peche&brett
Fuzzy
Beat
Flora blueberry

Six kegs was a pain in the ass! My SWMBO got me a Blichmann bottling gun for Christmas and this was the second time I've used it. It's a little slow but it sure is nice having some clean, carbonated beer in bottles. Had to make way in the kegs for my first smoked ale and my Pliny with Conan IIPA.

Big Mike thanks again for the hook-up! Can't wait to see what kind of east coast goodness I get.

Apparently Russian River has 4-5 of their "cration" 375's available now. Anyone able to grab one each of those and maybe sours easier to get out west? Almanac or Lodgson? Almost a Maw/eMaw grant?

Starting to get the sour itch....don't really want farmhouse/saisons. Sours with fruit other than cherry I'd listen to for the most part but the few below I know are popular and highly rated. As always feel free to pm me if you've got ideas but here's a start. I know a few are huge whales so if be open to filling in with extras for those.

Sitr peaches
V013
750ml RR sours or 3L (!)
Vsb
Atrial
CC
HF juicy, mimosa
Peche&brett
Fuzzy
Beat
Flora blueberry

Db Huna
Db Damon
Ba Everett
Mocha Wednesday
Ba Dark Lord (not the spicy one)
Rare
Bramble

The current list. Just so people don't have to go back to see the additions.

The current list. Just so people don't have to go back to see the additions.
Forgot one little thing (that I might actually see getting done)

Sitr peaches
V013
750ml RR sours or 3L (!)
Vsb
Atrial
CC
HF juicy, mimosa
Peche&brett
Fuzzy
Beat
Flora blueberry

Db Huna
Db Damon
Ba Everett
Mocha Wednesday
Ba Dark Lord (not the spicy one)
Rare
Bramble

Apparently Russian River has 4-5 of their "cration" 375's available now. Anyone able to grab one each of those and maybe sours easier to get out west? Almanac or Lodgson? Almost a Maw/eMaw grant?

Thanks boys....suggestions on other delicious sours that are a little easier to come by (possibly still fruited) are welcome.

Thanks boys....suggestions on other delicious sours that are a little easier to come by (possibly still fruited) are welcome.

Batch 2 of JK Nocturn Crysalis was just released. It's a different base beer from the first batch...very tasty. It's limit 2 per person per day at the moment but a much bigger bottle count than batch 1.

Batch 2 of JK Nocturn Crysalis was just released. It's a different base beer from the first batch...very tasty. It's limit 2 per person per day at the moment but a much bigger bottle count than batch 1.

He has one from me on the way. Its very subtle sourness though i like my fruited sours to be puckering

i'd suggest clarifying which two rr sours you'd prefer to recieve for a grant, so you're not disappointed. I know you've already had one, so no reason getting a double as a MAW hit.

i'd suggest clarifying which two rr sours you'd prefer to recieve for a grant, so you're not disappointed. I know you've already had one, so no reason getting a double as a MAW hit.

Since those aren't really MAW type beers, I thought he meant one of all 4 or 5??

I think "maw worthy" is kind of a subjective term anyway. I granted and asked for some heady topper a year ago, thats all. If thats what a guy wants, then who are we to say its not worthy

And yes, im using my own subjective opinion that heady topper isnt maw worthy lol

I think if it takes 4 or 5 beers to make it an acceptable maw grant, they're not maw worthy.

I think if people are going to start looking at it like that, then the maw thread has lost some of its spirit. And people are more worried about getting their due than actually making wishes.

Edit: I also think people have been super generous in this thread. So even if you asked for a bud light and a mgd, you'd get a frickin kick@ss 30 lb bomb of awesomeness. Just sayin...

Besides it being outside of the rules, in my opinion it's a silly idea to grant a maw, then ask for 4 or 5 "easy to acquire" beers instead of asking for 2 beers that are hard to get. Any of the rr sours can be had for less in an ISO thread.

This has worked out for me in the past where I didn't necessarily get 'MAW' beers but a bunch of nice stuff. I trusted the guys here and will do the same again.

If you can do one on the list and fill in with other sours that works. I just ask for nothing too crazy sour or anything 'barnyard'. So there's the updated list.

Besides it being outside of the rules, in my opinion it's a silly idea to grant a maw, then ask for 4 or 5 "easy to acquire" beers instead of asking for 2 beers that are hard to get. Any of the rr sours can be had for less in an ISO thread.

Bigmike is a generous guy. Maybe he is just giving back and hoping a new guy can get in with what should be a simpler grant. That would be sweet as well.

We'll have to leave it up to keywest lol

This has worked out for me in the past where I didn't necessarily get 'MAW' beers but a bunch of nice stuff. I trusted the guys here and will do the same again.

If you can do one on the list and fill in with other sours that works. I just ask for nothing too crazy sour or anything 'barnyard'. So there's the updated list.

I agree thats the way to look at it. Even if it doesnt seem "maw worthy", people will make it awesome lol

I am loving this conversation right now--long overdue.

This thread hasn't been the same for a while. I'm sure it's inevitable that a thread like this should continue to escalate, but something else has happened along the way too.

So after working things out with the mods to get this approved, set up, and running Ive been told I should kick it off. Im happy to bring this MAW to life here on HBT!!!

Here is my wishlist....

Heady Topper
Zombie Dust
Gumballhead
Dreadnaught IPA
Pliny The Elder
Pliny The Younger
Blind Pig IPA
Citra IIPA - Kern River
Abrasive IPA
Nugget Nectar
Old Rasputin
Founders KBS
Founders CBS Imperial Stout
Parabola RIS

I think thats enough to start things out. I'll expand if need be. Thanks!!

I am loving this conversation right now--long overdue.

This thread hasn't been the same for a while. I'm sure it's inevitable that a thread like this should continue to escalate, but something else has happened along the way too.

Just look at how it's evolved from the OG MAW request lol...

My goal each time that I grant a wish is to send a better box than the last one I sent. I'm not always happy with the boxes I send out but happy when they come in. Even though the requests have become pretty ridiculous, we still grant each others wishes and that is awesome. I don't think what I said makes much sense but am too lazy to delete this post so I appologize lol

I think this thread is getting harder to grant. I have maybe one or nothing on a lot of these list. Some I only got one and from previous MAWs I dont want to part with. I still look at the list that are up still

I think people are just getting jaded a little. If you aren't sending Fuzzy, VSB, Fou, DB Huna, or something on that level of rare, it seems off to ask for that. I know the generosity and that is not calling anyone out as bottles on those levels have been sent, but when I see a box land and go wait, what in that was the MAW beers and then see a list of super whales it seems off. I think what usually ends up happening is people put up an un-grantable list then someone PM's them and people are reasonable and take a great box even if it doesn't hit the list.

That's exactly it...I put up lists with some crazy stuff just in case. The last two grants I've gotten have been a variety of good stuff which I was very happy with.
Generally I'd rather get a bunch of good beer instead of one I'd feel bad drinking if it wasn't a super special occasion.
Anyway..my current list is in the more recent post. Send me a box of good sours. If there's anything from my list that's cool. If you'd be happy getting what you're sending than I'm sure I'll be.
Cheers!!!!

I personally don't look at these difficult lists as a bad thing. Most of the people who participate in this thread have tried most of the great beers from the earlier lists either through this thread or trades so it naturally progresses to more difficult lists. I personally don't see the problem with starting with the rarest beers you want, and continually add stuff until it gets granted.

This is all why I suggested making it a single beer grants thread. If I have FF and VSB, I'm far more likely to give one than both. Also I couldn't count how many times people have declared they only had one from a list and those could have been potential grants. I don't think it would turn it to another emaw but would help move things along and turn it more towards generosity towards extras and such like the emaw.

Also I don't think there should be a limit on what's asked for as long as there is a mix of reasonable stuff in there as well. You never know when someone's got an extra of something and/or is just feeling generous. One things for sure, you're probably not gonna get a VSB if you don't ask.

I don't think changing the format is necessary. Just mention which bottles you'd be happy with counting as 2 when you put up your list. Add in a mix of stuff that's not all super whales and it leaves room for people to be generous. I don't see anything wrong with people putting whatever they'd like on their lists but if they make the lists doable enough to get others in on the action I think its good for the MAW. It also keeps the MAW from being stagnant.

Back