Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is my slow list:

Crooked Stave - Any (no Vielle, St. Bretta)
Surly - Any (No Coffee Bender)
Hill Farmsted - any
Barrel Roll - any
Jack's Abbey - any
Modern Times - Any
Hair of the Dog - Any
The Brurery - Any barrel age
Goose Island - BCBBW
New Glarus - Fruit/Sour (No Serendipity)
Saint Somewhere - Any
Avery - Any Barrel age/ Uncle jacobs
Against the Grain - Any

Thats it for now. Lets see how fast this gets picked up. Can it beat my last record of 3 minutes?

Man DC is so slow about getting this list up! :D Although, what do I care? We live 45 minutes from each other. There's no chance of me being able to grant his list.

haha, I was thinking the same thing. Even if I could get 2 beers off of any "local" persons list, what extras would be worthwhile giving? They probably all have more of the extras than I do!

Ok here is my slow list:

Hill Farmsted - any
Barrel Roll - any
Jack's Abbey - any
Modern Times - Any
Hair of the Dog - Any
Goose Island - BCBBW
Saint Somewhere - Any
Avery - Any Barrel age/ Uncle jacobs
Against the Grain - Any

Thats it for now. Lets see how fast this gets picked up. Can it beat my last record of 3 minutes?

Uncle Jacobs is a regular MAW beer.

10. REGULAR PRODUCTION AND SEASONAL RELEASES ONLY!!!!! If the beer is generally hard to find or very limited do not add it to your wish list or you'll be asked to remove it. The idea is that these beers should be easily available to the majority within the distribution area, this applies for seasonal releases as well. If its something you wait in line for at the brewery your in the wrong MAW.

Just trying to keep every ones list on the same playing field. Nothing personal, just cant have limited release beers on an EMAW list.

I didnt mention anything about the BCBBW, which is questionable, but please remove the uncle jacobs. It does not follow the rules for this thread.

Ok here is my slow list:

Hill Farmsted - any
Barrel Roll - any
Jack's Abbey - any
Modern Times - Any
Hair of the Dog - Any
Saint Somewhere - Any
Against the Grain - Any

Gotta love that you said nothing about the avery barrel age. Uncle Jacobs is in fact a seasonal as was as the BW because they produce it (or will with the BW) every year.

Hill Farmsted - any
Barrel Roll - any
Jack's Abbey - any
Modern Times - Any
Hair of the Dog - Any
Saint Somewhere - Any
Against the Grain - Any

Alright, someone hook this man up! :D

The snarky comments aren't really needed guys. Instead of chiming in with that why not give counter support and voice that you think its indeed suitable for the eMAW? Does everyone in that distro region feel its easy enough to find? If that's the case leave it on the list. We don't know every beer that's on the market and how well it fits the theme of the thread. We're just doing our best to keep it easy so like I said.... If you guys feel that beer is easy enough to get in your area then put it back up there.

Ok, I was kind of hoping to make a small joke to encourage change. Hopefully this comes off as helpful, as it's my intention to grant more wishes, not to be mean-

Half of these beers are distributed to only one state, and they aren't states in common. Geographically, it's practically impossible. So it's very unlikely that any one person would have access to two breweries, unless they were trade acquisitions.

It seems hill farmstead shouldn't be on any easy list.

Barrel aged Bruery? Seems like this is either a society member beer, or at least an expensive bottle, maybe qualified as a shelf beer.

Same with how hard it would be to find barrel roll or new Glarus fruit/sour only. Possibly against the grain, too.

BCBBW is debatable, as these should ideally be shelf beers. As with the Avery stuff.

This doesn't keep the spirit of an easy MAW, as these are pretty limited distribution and hardly shelf beers, even for people who near one of these breweries.

Wow. Guess I have to make an "easy" list because some people can't get some of the beers. I have a lot on there that sits on the shelves. Others I agree are hard but not expecting them. You do not have to have everything on my list just two. If they are the easiest one then fine I don't care. There is to much gripping on this site lately.

If you do not have any beer on a last doesn't mean is hard/impossible

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Damn! I wish I found this thread a long time ago. DC, I searched (through Beer Menus) a few bottle shops and only found a few hits but not close enough. I'll keep watching this thread. Probably hourly.

1392092283287.jpg

1392092300465.jpg

Damn! I wish I found this thread a long time ago. DC, I searched (through Beer Menus) a few bottle shops and only found a few hits but not close enough. I'll keep watching this thread. Probably hourly.

You only need 2 off of his list sir. Can throw in any extras you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You only need 2 off of his list sir. Can throw in any extras you want.

Took me a while to "get that" but still, the shops within 50 miles of my location don't carry them. Only what I put in the screen shots and they're not exact matches.

It's quite addictive! What's the record maw grant? Two minutes?

Wow. Guess I have to make an "easy" list because some people can't get some of the beers. I have a lot on there that sits on the shelves. Others I agree are hard but not expecting them. You do not have to have everything on my list just two. If they are the easiest one then fine I don't care. There is to much gripping on this site lately.

If you do not have any beer on a last doesn't mean is hard/impossible

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Well, I have BCBW, I keep seeing it written as BCBBW so if that is a barrel aged one, I don't have it. I don't have anything else on your list but I managed to score 4 more BCBWs. There's a guy who has hopslam, but I think he'd want to do a bottle per bottle trade and to me, hopslam is easily accessible in other ares. The RTP (triangle in NC) got less than 50 cases, according to some. Some say 100 but I know my bottle shop got 2 cases, another got 5 and Total Wine claims they don't count the cases. I think the kid was smoking something though. It is hard to say how much was received. I had it on tap and even there I was hearing 1/4 barrels were being distributed. It is hard to say, again.

So my rambling point is I can't grant your list but I would if I could. Things will ease up here in the next week I think, or I hope, so I can participate more.

Who's talking about hopslam? Not in this list..

And I believe it is technically BCBBW, Bourbon County Brand BarleyWine, just like it's BCBS for the Stout.

I hate when distro is setup to send a ton of beer to an area where it'll sit but barely any to an area that it'll be gone in a day. I need to be one of these overpaid marketing analysis types.

Meow meow

Ok, I was kind of hoping to make a small joke to encourage change. Hopefully this comes off as helpful, as it's my intention to grant more wishes, not to be mean-

Half of these beers are distributed to only one state, and they aren't states in common. Geographically, it's practically impossible. So it's very unlikely that any one person would have access to two breweries, unless they were trade acquisitions.

It seems hill farmstead shouldn't be on any easy list.

Barrel aged Bruery? Seems like this is either a society member beer, or at least an expensive bottle, maybe qualified as a shelf beer.

Same with how hard it would be to find barrel roll or new Glarus fruit/sour only. Possibly against the grain, too.

BCBBW is debatable, as these should ideally be shelf beers. As with the Avery stuff.

This doesn't keep the spirit of an easy MAW, as these are pretty limited distribution and hardly shelf beers, even for people who near one of these breweries.

I will somewhat agree that these are spread out geographically, but not impossible. Surly, New Glarus and ATG are definitely all in ones distro area.

Also, New Glarus has the Thumbprint series which are fruit/sourish beers that are shelf beers and commonly available. Not like R&D and Very Very, etc.

Hill Farmsted - any
Barrel Roll - any
Jack's Abbey - any
Modern Times - Any
Hair of the Dog - Any
Saint Somewhere - Any
Against the Grain - Any

Here is the current list that has not been granted yet.

Hill Farmsted - any
Barrel Roll - any
Jack's Abbey - any
Modern Times - Any
Hair of the Dog - Any
Saint Somewhere - Any
Against the Grain - Any

Bump

My eMAW from zmanzorro arrived! A little leakage from the Four Swords, but I hit it with the capper and that should hold it until the weekend. Thanks a lot - really looking forward to all of these!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392146116.915600.jpg

Latest posts

Back