Correlation between recirculating and head retention?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with head retention. Recently I've been recirculating, collecting hot break and incorporating a fast cool to pitch. Super clear wort in the BP.

This isn't a reoccurring observation just this one batch so far.

The amber ale I just brewed lacks head retention. Pitch rate, pH, mash temps, water profile were all on point. Irish ale 1084 was the yeast strain. No sign of off flavors.. any ideas?

I recirculate my wort in RIMS, but haven't had any problem with head or retention.

How long have you been boiling? Long and hard boils can reduce coagulable nitrogen levels and that affects head retention.

60m on this batch. I may have overlooked the simple fact that I'm not fully carbonated. Tho it tastes as the beer is ready.

I routinely mash for 3+ hours in which I recirculate the entirety. I don't have issues with head.

19875221_949319471877320_3182336166522841583_n.jpg

19657179_948023812006886_6864600994695412692_n.jpg

19149142_936334903175777_216779492709846710_n.jpg

Are a few..:)

Well foam like that for one ;)

A specifically targeted enzyme regimen with allows for 100% conversion, plenty of FAN (free amino nitrogen, aka yeast crack, for healthy vigorous fermentation), Foam, body and clarity.

Really interesting.

I've had four commercial beers since all the teenagers emptied my kegs when I wasn't looking! Timothy Taylor which was pleasant enough. A new beer from the Caledonian brewery called Hop Scotch which was a very pleasant although an overtly sweet beer fermented in oak whisky casks, like an Innis and Gunn only in a 500ml bottle. A Fullers London Pride and a Dark Island from Orkney. These latter two are award winning beers???

None of these beers with the exception of Timothy Taylor had any head retention or lacing on them. Fullers was like the beers I used to make when I was doing BIAB and pitching S04. Dark Island was just a caramel bomb. Infact I am not sure if it was trying to be a porter or a stout. Is this because they are in the bottle and not in the cask? Is it because they don't care about such things? Perhaps they simply need to get out as much volume as possible. Seriously is not the sign of a well crafted beer ice cream like head retention and lashings of lacing? If I made any of those aforementioned commercial beers I would be disappointed.

Sure.. This is the jist of it.. some times can get extended dependent on beer type, but this is the template followed.

Why have you got a three degree Fahrenheit disparity between B1 and B2. Infact why have you got any disparity between B1 and B3.

Why have you got a three degree Fahrenheit disparity between B1 and B2.

Becuase of the high gelatinization point of the current crops of European barley.

http://www.********************/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/pddvxvf.pdf

Becuase of the high gelatinization point of the current crops of European barley.

http://www.********************/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/pddvxvf.pdf

That doesn't explain the disparity. Are you seriously saying that there is a difference between mashing at 144 and mashing at 3 degrees Fahrenheit higher at 147? I don't mean to be disrespectful but temperature is on a spectrum. Are you claiming that gelatinisation is affected by a 3 degree Fahrenheit disparity? between one rest and the other as per the diagram?

No disrespect taken. But yes I am.

Gelatinization is not an enzymatic process, it's not something that can simply have time added to it to work. You are dealing with the beta enzymes half life vs temperature. So the lower temp allows for the easy starches to swell and bust where you get roughly 40%. Bumping the temp up every so slightly will allow the rest of the starch to bust and get the what you can out of it before beta is gone. Which in this instance is after 40 minutes at the 153 rest. The 153 rest is cheap insurance in case your malt gelatinization temp is even higher and you don't start bursting starches into the second (148) rest. Which is a thing and I had it happen very recently.

I don't recirculate but I understand from reading around here that husk tannins can affect head retention and you have a better chance of extracting too much when recirculating.

No disrespect taken. But yes I am.

Gelatinization is not an enzymatic process, it's not something that can simply have time added to it to work. You are dealing with the beta enzymes half life vs temperature. So the lower temp allows for the easy starches to swell and bust where you get roughly 40%. Bumping the temp up every so slightly will allow the rest of the starch to bust and get the what you can out of it before beta is gone. Which in this instance is after 40 minutes at the 153 rest. The 153 rest is cheap insurance in case your malt gelatinization temp is even higher and you don't start bursting starches into the second (148) rest. Which is a thing and I had it happen very recently.

Ok I think I understand what you are saying. You are attempting to preserve the life of the beta amalyse by doing a staggered maltose rest as the article states between 62/64 Celsius. Why not then take the articles advice and mash half the grist at 62 degrees Celsius and raise it up at 1 degree Celsius/minute to 72C and hold it there for 20 minutes. As this is happening mash the other half of your grist at 52 Celsius (as per the article to preserve the Beta amalyse for as long as possible) and then mix the two together to reach 62 Celsius.

What the article seems to be saying unless I have misunderstood it is that this will provide the beta amylase in the mash tun (mashed at 51C) with ready made 'chopped up', starches to set about 'munching' on the ends. The result being a more intense maltose formation.

Extended amylolytic rests, especially a long dextrin rest, releases glyco-proteins in greater numbers, improves foam quality and produces a better mouthfeel in the finished beer.

Some reflections on mashing - Part 1, BRAUWELT INTERNATIONAL

In other words, all things considered a prolonged rest at 72C (162F) is gonna get you awesome head retention.

Why not then take the articles advice and mash half the grist at 62 degrees Celsius and raise it up at 1 degree Celsius/minute to 72C and hold it there for 20 minutes. As this is happening mash the other half of your grist at 52 Celsius (as per the article to preserve the Beta amalyse for as long as possible) and then mix the two together to reach 62 Celsius.

The bolded part above is the key: this would introduce a damaging level of oxygen into the mash.

Here is the graph from the Part 2 of the Brauwelt article that shows the levels of beta activity:

http://www.********************/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Brauwelt-Hochkurz.png

Here is the graph from the Part 2 of the Brauwelt article that shows the half life of beta activity:

http://www.********************/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Brauwelt-Beta-Half-Life.png

Yes I have read the article, both of them 'Reflections on mashing part 1 and part 2' several times and understand the half life of a beta amaysle enzyme. A damaging level of oxidisation you say? really? how damaging?

Also I wanted to ask you LODO guys what you have to say about the idea that oxygen is key in getting polyphenols and proteins to coagulate during hot break which is deemed to be beneficial further on down the line for yeast health, removal of harsh protein derived bitterness, and improved colloidal stability. Mentioned both by Kunze and Narziss.

Yes I have read the article, both of them 'Reflections of mashing part 1 and part 2' several times and understand the half life of a beta amaysle enzyme. A damaging level of oxidisation you say? really? how damaging?

I mean, practically speaking, if you assume a reasonable grist weight and water volume for a 5 gallon no-sparge batch, you'd be trying to transfer 6 lbs of grist and 3-4 gallons of water from one vessel to another. Part of the reason we advocate no-sparge and limiting, by mechanical means, the over-agitation of the mash is to limit oxygen ingress that would result.

Transferring a large mass of hot wort and grain from one vessel to another would introduce a very large ppm increase in dissolved oxygen, much more than the < 1 ppm we would be shooting for.

Also I wanted to ask you LODO guys what you have to say about the idea that oxygen is key in getting polyphenols and proteins to coagulate during hot break which is deemed to be beneficial further on down the line for yeast health, removal of harsh protein derived bitterness, and improved colloidal stability. Mentioned both by Kunze and Narziss.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've never had any of the above issues in my beers. That includes pre- and post-Low Oxygen. I wish I had a more thorough explanation than that but it's just never been an issue for me. I have, however, notice improved yeast vigor/reduced lag, better attenuation, robust/fresh malt flavors persisting beyond the mash, smoother bitterness, smoother carbonation (from spunding), better stability in the bottle, better color, beer that clears faster, etc.

Much of this is down to solid process: mash filtering (w/ brew bag), leaving hot and cold trub behind, good yeast health, proper fermentation, spunding in the bottle, etc.

Limiting oxygen is of course a huge part of it as well. One thing Kunze, Narziss, Fix, DeClerck, etc. all have stated unequivocally is that oxygen has damaging effects on beer right from the onset. My experiences, and the experiences of rabeb25, as well as many on this forum and ours, have shown this to be true.

well, I'm not stepping into the LODO, "oxygen is the root of all evils", pitfall....and you're wasting time with step mashing.

But I suggest googling "foam-positive compounds"

Bamforth wrote a whole book on Foam.

My understanding is that the biggest contributors are proteins and iso-alpha acids, which are foam-positive surfactants (which increase viscosity of the beer which permits the foamy head, but this ultimately relies on your beer being appropriately carbonated and poured correctly into a clean glass). The stair stepped mash schedule, above, is guaranteeing you proteins in your beer. But you don't need to go there to get the tall, oatmeal looking head.

Handbook of Brewing

BYO article

Remember the following tips when trying to brew a beer with good head:

Get your carbonation right.
Bittering hops are head builders.
Wheat malt is a natural head booster.
A small addition of flaked barley will increase head retention.
Heading compound can increase beer foam.
Settle out trub.
Sanitize and rinse well.
Beware of fats and oils.
Avoid diluting protein with low-protein adjuncts (corn, rice, sugar).

A nice, frothy head is not just the responsibility of the brewer. The way a beer is poured and the cleanliness of the glassware are just as important.

There's tons of info out there.

I mean, practically speaking, if you assume a reasonable grist weight and water volume for a 5 gallon no-sparge batch, you'd be trying to transfer 6 lbs of grist and 3-4 gallons of water from one vessel to another. Part of the reason we advocate no-sparge and limiting, by mechanical means, the over-agitation of the mash is to limit oxygen ingress that would result.

Transferring a large mass of hot wort and grain from one vessel to another would introduce a very large ppm increase in dissolved oxygen, much more than the < 1 ppm we would be shooting for.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've never had any of the above issues in my beers. That includes pre- and post-Low Oxygen. I wish I had a more thorough explanation than that but it's just never been an issue for me. I have, however, notice improved yeast vigor/reduced lag, better attenuation, robust/fresh malt flavors persisting beyond the mash, smoother bitterness, smoother carbonation (from spunding), better stability in the bottle, better color, beer that clears faster, etc.

Much of this is down to solid process: mash filtering (w/ brew bag), leaving hot and cold trub behind, good yeast health, proper fermentation, spunding in the bottle, etc.

Limiting oxygen is of course a huge part of it as well. One thing Kunze, Narziss, Fix, DeClerck, etc. all have stated unequivocally is that oxygen has damaging effects on beer right from the onset. My experiences, and the experiences of rabeb25, as well as many on this forum and ours, have shown this to be true.

Ok your claim is that transferring lets say 7 litres of wort from kettle to mash tun would result in a greater dissolved oxygen of 1ppm. Ok I can dig that.

As for oxygen and its effect on the coagulation of polyphenols during the hotbreak and the subsequent knock on effect elsewhere, thats a much more bitter pil to swallow.

Whether we have had these issues or not does not negate the scientific facts that oxidation of polyphenols in the mash helps them to bind to proteins and precipitate out of solution. A process which your methodology will inhibit. Can you understand why this excess protein and polyphenol load could be passed onto the cold side rather ironically resulting in an INCREASE of the risk of oxidative flavours that you were seeking at all turns to avoid?

The danger is that we simply cherry pick elements from scientific literature and ignore what we don't want to hear because it conflicts with our methodology.

and you're wasting time with step mashing.

I disagree. Single infusion mashing is simply a compromise. I got better results with step mashing, much better.

Get your carbonation right.
Bittering hops are head builders.
Wheat malt is a natural head booster.
A small addition of flaked barley will increase head retention.
Heading compound can increase beer foam.
Settle out trub.
Sanitize and rinse well.
Beware of fats and oils.
Avoid diluting protein with low-protein adjuncts (corn, rice, sugar).

I've found another element that should be on that list. Coagulable Nitrogen also contributes to head retention. Conducting boils that are longer than necessary will reduce coagulable nitrogen to levels that damage head retention. This is yet another reason to limit all boils to 60 minutes.

Really interesting.

I've had four commercial beers since all the teenagers emptied my kegs when I wasn't looking! Timothy Taylor which was pleasant enough. A new beer from the Caledonian brewery called Hop Scotch which was a very pleasant although an overtly sweet beer fermented in oak whisky casks, like an Innis and Gunn only in a 500ml bottle. A Fullers London Pride and a Dark Island from Orkney. These latter two are award winning beers???

None of these beers with the exception of Timothy Taylor had any head retention or lacing on them. Fullers was like the beers I used to make when I was doing BIAB and pitching S04. Dark Island was just a caramel bomb. Infact I am not sure if it was trying to be a porter or a stout. Is this because they are in the bottle and not in the cask? Is it because they don't care about such things? Perhaps they simply need to get out as much volume as possible. Seriously is not the sign of a well crafted beer ice cream like head retention and lashings of lacing? If I made any of those aforementioned commercial beers I would be disappointed.

Well, Fuller's is a southern brewery, and we don't do head on beer in the south. No sparklers on handpumps, and glasses full to the brim. So I doubt head retention is part of their spec.

And no, head retention and lacing is not a sign of a well-crafted bitter. There shouldn't be a head on well-crafted and served bitter. </controversial>

Well, Fuller's is a southern brewery, and we don't do head on beer in the south. No sparklers on handpumps, and glasses full to the brim. So I doubt head retention is part of their spec.

And no, head retention and lacing is not a sign of a well-crafted bitter. There shouldn't be a head on well-crafted and served bitter.

You don't do head on beers, yes apparently not, oh well. I will make sure all of my bitters have ice cream like head and lashings of lacing to prove that they were well crafted. Infact I am gonna make then so thick and creamy you could stand up a sparkler in them and celebrate the Queens birthday.

Ok your claim is that transferring lets say 7 litres of wort from kettle to mash tun would result in a greater dissolved oxygen of 1ppm. Ok I can dig that.

As for oxygen and its effect on the coagulation of polyphenols during the hotbreak and the subsequent knock on effect elsewhere, thats a much more bitter pil to swallow.

Whether we have had these issues or not does not negate the scientific facts that oxidation of polyphenols in the mash helps them to bind to proteins and precipitate out of solution. A process which your methodology will inhibit. Can you understand why this excess protein and polyphenol load could be passed onto the cold side rather ironically resulting in an INCREASE of the risk of oxidative flavours that you were seeking at all turns to avoid?

The danger is that we simply cherry pick elements from scientific literature and ignore what we don't want to hear because it conflicts with our methodology.

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I'm not trying to negate, or sweep under the rug any hard brewing science facts.

There a many ways, all process based, that you could leave these rather undesirable contents behind. A good indicator that you have is pre-boil wort clarity. The use of a brew bag as a pseudo-mash filter is a very good technique. Combined with recirculation and mashing regimen that ensures full conversion, and you have a recipe for nearly crystal clear wort going into the kettle. From Kunze:

"...polyphenols, long-chained fatty acids in particular play a significant role, especially with regard to the flavour stability of the
beer. In comparable tests on a turbid (140 EBC) and clear (16 EBC) wort, it was shown [399) that the proportion of long-chained fatty acids and oxidised lipoxydoxidation products, such as hexanal, pentanal and nonalacton increase disproportionately in the turbid wort."

So, I understand what you are trying to say, but oxidation of polyphenols is not the single source answer to their removal from further stages in the process.

In fact, it can be argued, and supported from text, that oxidizing polyphenols has a negative effect. From Kunze:

"The use of malts rich in polyphenols provides protection from oxidation in the brewhouse and improves the anti-oxidative potential of the wort and of the beer. This means that oxygen ingress has to be prevented from the beginning."

Also from Kunze:

"The polyphenols have an anti-oxidising effect and thus have a positive influence on the flavour stability of the beer. The protection against oxidation provided by the polyphenols thereby supplements the protection provided by sulphite. An increased polyphenol content should thus be aimed for during mashing, whilst at all costs avoiding the access of oxygen."

I don't want to give the impression that I have an agenda. We don't gain anything from what we put out. And the "methodology" you reference is culled from the pages of Kunze, Narziss, Fix, DeClerck, etc, i.e. it's not original to us.

Just because I don't expound on a simple answer on a forum doesn't mean i'm trying to negate science. It's quite the opposite. We are trying to promote hard brewing science.

I'm also not looking for conflict, argument, etc. I'm just presenting what I know or have seen empirically with some backup from my favorite brewing science textbooks. I'm just interested in an honest dialogue about these subjects!

Wow this is a controversial thread. ;)

Please I have NO interest in making the discussion personal, imputing motives or anything else. I am merely challenging the premise that oxygenation of the mash is all bad. Clearly it is not and this is why I and no doubt others have a hard time being convinced that it is.

As for wort clarity, if you circulate with a stainless steel false bottom you get crystal clear pre boiled wort. This is as much a product of mechanics as it is chemistry. If a bag works for you then awesome.

I am merely challenging the premise that oxygenation of the mash is all bad. Clearly it is not and this is why I and no doubt others have a hard time being convinced that it is.

And that's fine. The only way to know is to try. If you're interested, maybe reach out to people other than rabeb25 or myself to try and get a different perspective.

As for wort clarity, if you circulate with a stainless steel false bottom you get crystal clear pre boiled wort. This is as much a product of mechanics as it is chemistry. If a bag works for you then awesome.

It's more than that. The micron rating on the typical brew bag is small enough to stop things a false bottom won't.

And that's fine. The only way to know is to try. If you're interested, maybe reach out to people other than rabeb25 or myself to try and get a different perspective.

It's more than that. The micron rating on the typical brew bag is small enough to stop things a false bottom won't.

Sure but without the actual textbooks its difficult to evaluate and interpret the scientific data and analysis. Also the great problem with scientific textbooks is that they assume a level of knowledge and utilise many 'inhouse' technical terms, especially abbreviations which makes them treacherous to read. Its not that the concepts are difficult just that they are veiled in language. Still its best to remain open minded and consider all perspectives if possible. ;)

interesting aspect of decoction mashing and its anti oxidisation properties.

Another beneficial feature of decoction is the inactivation of the polyphenol oxidases. This results in polyphenols with a lower polymerization index, thus increasing the antioxidant potential. This effect is even intensified in the second decoction. Furthermore, the inactivation of the endopeptidases in the decoction mash is advantageous for the foam. The lipoxygenases are damaged as well, and this is beneficial for the flavor stability.

Some reflections on mashing &#8211; Part 1 BRAUWELT INTERNATIONAL

interesting aspect of decoction mashing and its anti oxidisation properties.

Another beneficial feature of decoction is the inactivation of the polyphenol oxidases. This results in polyphenols with a lower polymerization index, thus increasing the antioxidant potential. This effect is even intensified in the second decoction. Furthermore, the inactivation of the endopeptidases in the decoction mash is advantageous for the foam. The lipoxygenases are damaged as well, and this is beneficial for the flavor stability.

Some reflections on mashing &#8211; Part 1 BRAUWELT INTERNATIONAL

The problem with decoction, at our level at least, if you are trying to limit oxygen is the transfer of grist to the mash kettle and back to the lauter tun. The big boys do these transfers in a closed loop and pump the whole slurry back to the lauter tun.

That Brauwelt article is very good. I refer to it all the time.

The problem with decoction, at our level at least, if you are trying to limit oxygen is the transfer of grist to the mash kettle and back to the lauter tun. The big boys do these transfers in a closed loop and pump the whole slurry back to the lauter tun.

That Brauwelt article is very good. I refer to it all the time.

yes, I don't know how we might achieve the same. We would probably need to use a central heating pump or something with more torque than speed and large diameter pipes between two heated mash tuns to achieve the same.

There is a 1930's old German brew house video which illustrates the process well. Its their wort chiller that I like, a huge wall of cold pipes over which the hot wort flows and is reduced to pitching temp in a matter of seconds. I dunno if you have seen it but I will reproduce it here for those that perhaps have not.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1f7m31b_HE&list=FLJccADLG7Fk3WMKbAewtyrg[/ame]

Here is my Deal. I am far from an expert but I do have some "book" knowledge and a ton of "real life" knowledge on this. I have brewed over 1200 batches at this point in my life, over 250 solely low oxygen. I have brewed on all scales from home to commercial, using nearly every method. My home process is tried and true, and highly automated so allow me to spew some things I have found.

My standard process:

RO water, modest amounts of salts ( 40ppm CA, 70ppm CL, 25ppm NA)- NO ANTIOXIDANTS

Preboil that water under a "cap", I have a CFC SS chiller directly attached to the HLT, it then gets chilled and goes to strike.

Grains get measured and crushed while HLT is heating and cooling. That gets milled into a bucket, that bucket has a oxygenation stone. The grain bucket gets a lid with a PRV, and is then purged with N2 until I start to cool the strike from preboil.

When HLT goes into chill mode from the preboil, all the lines on the main system that will do water transport get purged with N2, including the mash tun. The purged grains go into the mash tun, which is the re-purged with N2 until dough in.

I choose a low dough in because I use active and alive sauergut and its a fantastic active oxygen scavenger, acid and flavor producer, and source of zine. I then open the mash tun and add that acid to the grains. And Purge again.

Mash is then underlet, and there is a nice gentle stir, and then a cap is place on the mash. This is a gasketed lid that is placed tight against the top of the wort.

Mash is commenced (HERMS) and full volume. During mash out, I start the purge of all the carrier lines, and boil kettle.

After mashing, the wort is sent to the BK and is underlet under a cap and the purge.

As the wort comes to a boil the cap is removed and a soft gentle 60 minute boil is then conducted to the tune of 6% boil off.

A SS CFC mounted directly to the BK does the chilling work, wort is then settled to collect break and pumped into the fermenters. In the fermenter, the wort is then oxygenated (verified with a DO meter) and is the only time the wort will see oxygen.

I will leave out cold side practices for this example.

As I said my processes are highly automated, the only interaction from me on brewday is the milling and addition of grains, and addition of hops. Everything else happens in a very controlled and more notably a repeatable manner. It is very easy to establish baselines, have repeatable results, and form conclusions. NOW, lets say that base line is a 10 in terms of low oxygen methods and results as the products made from this system score exemplary in sensory analysis, competitions, etc.

Sparging- Standard sparge after mashing, instead of full volume If using Batch or fly it didn't really matter, I would consider it a 6-7 from control. There is just too much action/agitation going on.

Decoction-- I built a semi automated add on decoction vessel, automatic step/heat control, and programmable rake. The same process is followed with the addition of the decoction vessel (DV), which takes manual scooping out of the MT, and into the DV, and vise versa. The DV can't really be fitted with a cap, so its pretty open and o2 inviting. Once decoctions are done, all procedures go back to standard. I will add I LOVE decoction.
End product, I will give it a solid 5, in regards to the control. Loss of lingering fresh malt, but better extract potential, Darker color, slight harsher flavor (due to hsuk tannins). I tried various differing amounts of antioxidants to try and combat flavor loss with no success.

BIAB- I built another semi automated BIAB setup, recirculatiung. PID controlled induction.

Grain is crushed, purged, and due to the BIAB being full of strike already grain has to be added to water and not underlet. This results in more stirring, and o2 introduction.
Mash is commenced under a tight floating lid.

Bag is raised via a hoist very slowly and gently.

Lid is placed back on the wort until boil is reached, Soft boil with 6% boil off targeted.

wort is then cooled with an SS immersion chiller, after that using standard procedures.

Even with very LOW inital DO levels the lack of solid purge and underlet kills this. Again varying amounts of antioxidants have been tried with little success. I give it a 1-2 out of 10 to the control. It still blows my mind how little it takes to throw it all out of wack.

None of these beers are bad in any way shape or form. They are all 40+ point beers, but when set down side by side its not even close when it comes to the sensory analysis. So thats my take on Book vs real life. Anyone can find any kind of information to suite their claims, but where my money lies is in the final product, and for me personally that is in:

All and strict avoidance of all oxygen except when oxygenating on pitch.
Full mash conversion
Crystal clear wort
Sauergut
Soft boils
Rapid chilling
Removal of ALL hotbreak, and most cold break
Large yeast pitches with minimum lag and vigorous fermenations.
Spunding
Never allow the beer to get warm

Following those rules in my brewery nets me the most consistent, best tasting and highest return from my patrons.

Sayin what?

Well seeing that you asked.

Experience in itself is not an indication of whether someone makes good beer. Fullers are experienced and they make not a particularity good pale ale in my opinion. I do not doubt your personal experience nor its validity, what I do question though is using it to try to prove something.

Fullers make the statement 'brewed beside the Thames since 1845', and we are left asking the question, so what? Clearly they are making an appeal to their experience. We have been brewing since 1845 therefore our beer is good. Can you see why this is logically fallacious?

Back