Commercial ciders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supreme Core's Farmhouse Saison for two reasons:
1.) Supreme Core is a a great name for a Washington, DC cider maker.
2.) Their Farmhouse Saison tastes like a proper English farmhouse scrumpy.

1599110160952.png

Recently tried this and it was excellent. I usually shy away from fruited ciders but made an exception. Really good pineapple taste without any weird artificial flavors. To my unsophisticated palate, it seems like they actually fermented the pineapple with the base cider. I would definitely buy again.
Not overly sweet.

I live in Virginia and we seem to have some good ciders around the state. My go-to is Bold Rock (Virginia Draft). I have a sweet tooth and, to me, it tastes great. We used to have some called foggy ridge which was a much drier and good tasting cider.

Honorable mention to Ship's Wheel which is one I had on vacation and comes from Charleston, SC. I had a variety called summer splash that had a bit of grapefruit in it. It was a bit sour and very tasty.

Oh also, I got started on Cider like 7 years back when my friend introduced me to canned and imported StrongBow. Can't find the canned and dry version these days, all I can find are the more sugary varieties.

Oliver's cider and perry are the best I can find here.
I Don't really like bitter/tannic cider so English is not my favourite and the French Cider are way too sweet to my taste. Asturian cider from the north of Spain are really good if you like acidity as I do. But for the rest I'm really jealous looking how much cider's world is full of live in US and Aussie. It won't be easy to be part of your trade idea from here, but I'm definitely interested.

Back