Commercial beers in plastic (PET) bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the main retailers sell amber plastic bottles. You can also bottle in regular soda bottles provided you keep them out of the light.

From a utilitarian perspective, PET may beat glass. From an aesthetic perspective, PET is simply gauche and vulgar.

From a utilitarian perspective, PET may beat glass. From an aesthetic perspective, PET is simply gauche and vulgar.

Hm, that's not what I was thinking.

Just like Oskar Blues has changed the way I think about canned beer, someone (possibly the Kiwis) could change the way everyone thinks about plastic bottles. I don't think I would prefer a tripel or barleywine in a plastic bottle, but for stuff you would take fishing?

Guess I'm just pragmatic like that.

I have to admit that I'm not usually pragmatic. How about a 2.5 gallon keg and a jockey box?

How would New Zealanders change how people think about plastic bottles?

I have to admit that I'm not usually pragmatic. How about a 2.5 gallon keg and a jockey box?

Sounds great. My parents once hosted a family reunion with 2 2.5gal kegs of cider.

How would New Zealanders change how people think about plastic bottles?

Well, first they would have to export them. :D

Back