Columbus brewing session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokems

Reaction score
Brewing a beautiful "Burleywine". 25lbs of malt, 10lbs of extract, Belgian candy sugar, and the motherload of hops!!! I love free days off.

That was too funny! No, 15 gallon mega pot. It's gonna be potent.......in about 8 months 

My one venture into BarleyWine brewing was a qualified success. Did a 41lb grain bill, used the 1st running of 7 gallons to make my 5gal batch of "Hoppriculous" then using the same grain did a 12gal sparge to make a 10gal "small beer" which came in at 5.5%ABV. How big is your batch, because with the ingredients you mentioned I fear a stuck ferment if it is just 5gal! Or you've got a burly yeast ready to handle the load. Either way, good luck my friend! Also liked your username, which was my original reason to click.

I have Partigyled in the past but went solo on this batch. 5 gallons only but I haven't pitched yeast yet. It's spinning on the stir plate and I used wyeast American 2 and dry safe-ale 05 together.
Nice krausen working up already.

Just to update, this puppy is a fermenting machine! I pitched my starter this morning at 530 am and when I got home the tub with the 3 in blowoff was full. Still going strong!

Might want to get some champagne yeast on the way to finish that ferment off.

That's going to be some killer stuff! Wish I lived closer so I could beg a bottle off of you. Hell, that's going to be strong enough that even if it doesn't turn out good, after 3 sips you won't care what it tastes like anymore! ;)

Latest posts

Back