College Basketball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
I am a die hard University of Louisville fan. They just clobbered Huggy Bear's WV Hilltoppers.

They also clobbered the Uof K Wildcats last week. Finally everyone is healthy and we should have a good year!

GO CARDS!!:rockin:

who's your team?

c.n.budz said:
UCONN!!! Huskies!!!

Okay, so they're not the strongest team in the Big East this year but it's my alma mater and Calhoun will whip those boys into shape by march

We've had a rough couple of years and a rough start this year too.

See you the 28th!

cheezydemon said:
We've had a rough couple of years and a rough start this year too.

See you the 28th!

Glad to see some Big East fans, in my opinion, the toughest top to bottom conference in the NCAA. My team is the 'Cuse, lost a bad one on the road to Cinci the other day, they have talent, but so young (starting 3 freshman and two sophomores) and have already lost two key players to ACL tears. Hope they can play well in conference.

Love Big East hoops.

daholl01 said:
Glad to see some Big East fans, in my opinion, the toughest top to bottom conference in the NCAA. My team is the 'Cuse, lost a bad one on the road to Cinci the other day, they have talent, but so young (starting 3 freshman and two sophomores) and have already lost two key players to ACL tears. Hope they can play well in conference.

Love Big East hoops.

Dammit! We lost to cincy too! by 1 point.
I love the big east too. ESPN says it is not cool to cheer for a conference, but when we get unfairly bashed by ahem...(SEC) minded people, we are forced to band together.
(Off topic, but I loved seeing WV go into uncharted waters and destroy their opponent in a BCS bowl game!)

daholl01 said:

Love Big East hoops.

Awesome to have another Syracuse fan here.

Cheezydemon: We play Louisville on Feb 18th. How cool would that be if we beat the cards in basketball too this year!?

AZ Wildcats here! (+ Marquette and Badgers) However it seems like the 20+ year streak of making the tourney may be tight this year. Lute Olson must've been the glue!

cheezydemon said:
Dammit! We lost to cincy too! by 1 point.
I love the big east too. ESPN says it is not cool to cheer for a conference, but when we get unfairly bashed by ahem...(SEC) minded people, we are forced to band together.
(Off topic, but I loved seeing WV go into uncharted waters and destroy their opponent in a BCS bowl game!)

Still can't believe WV lost to Pitt in their regular season finale, I love watching their offense, and I think they could have beaten Ohio St. A National Championship would have been huge for a school in the Big East.

As for the SEC, their dominance in football is for sure but Big East Hoops is where its at. Calhoun, Boeheim, Pitino, Huggins, Thompson III, Dixon, the list goes on... I cannot be convinced that SEC (or ACC for that matter) are better, mostly because of depth. The Big East can consistently get 6-8 teams in the tourney.

daholl01 said:
The Big East can consistently get 6-8 teams in the tourney.

Just not SU last year...I'm still fuming about that. But was great that we broke the siingle game attendance record for any NIT game!!! Shows fan support.

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
Awesome to have another Syracuse fan here.

Cheezydemon: We play Louisville on Feb 18th. How cool would that be if we beat the cards in basketball too this year!?

Oh man!!!!! That would be so cool...too bad though. It will...NEVER FARGING HAPPEN!!! lol. I love how things are always in flux, "any given team, at any given time" and all of that. Good luck, I mean that sincerely. But .......Good Luck!!(I mean that sarcastically, over my dead body.)

Love.....

I don't think I have to ease into the fact that I am a Gator fan...so I have to say, how bought the defending...defending national champions?

You may be surprised, or not if you are in Gainesville, about how well UF does this year. Granted we graduated defending national champions, but we still have some stellar players. Just wait till May!

Go Gators said:
I don't think I have to ease into the fact that I am a Gator fan...so I have to say, how bought the defending...defending national champions?

You may be surprised, or not if you are in Gainesville, about how well UF does this year. Granted we graduated defending national champions, but we still have some stellar players. Just wait till May!

Saw that Florida game on ESPN the other night and they were impressive, definitely better than people would think given all the players they lost.

daholl01 said:
Saw that Florida game on ESPN the other night and they were impressive, definitely better than people would think given all the players they lost.

I am going to admit it once:cross: :drunk: , seldom happens, I am completely obsessed with the sports program here... That being said "I" (maybe more than just myself) believe that those freshman can really play. Not to mention that the guy running our team, Hodge, had significant playing time during both national championship teams.

All of this transfers into me saying...thank you for the compliment of the Gators:rockin: . Sometimes (often) I side with the team that I am loyal to. :D

DRAGGER said:
I am orginally from Louisville BUT, GO BIG BLUE..... I have to support U of K..... From the PRP area......

DRAGGER.....

They turned it on againt Vandy! Oh man! What a great win. Too bad we SMOKED them like a cheap cigar.

I don't think UK's players were focused when we beat them. They looked like a different team in the Vandy game. Good luck UK! I will root for them unless they are playing the cards.

Professor Frink said:
Tar Heels baby!
Except Roy Williams is a snake in the grass. He should have taken a cue from his mentor Dean Smith (from Kansas. Topeka High and KU grad) and stayed at Kansas, because Dean Smith understood the value of commitment!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk..Go KU!

cowgo said:
Except Roy Williams is a snake in the grass. He should have taken a cue from his mentor Dean Smith (from Kansas. Topeka High and KU grad) and stayed at Kansas, because Dean Smith understood the value of commitment!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk..Go KU!

Don't forget that Roy (from Asheville, NC) was a Tar Heel before he was a Jayhawk. KU is my second-favorite college program, and always has been. Hope we meet in early April.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! I'm ok with Roy leaving. Was a bit bitter at first, but what are you going to do? He was offered a bunch of money to coach an elite team at "home". Bill Self is doing fine by us. I do have to admit that I miss the run and gun fastbreak Roy-ball once in a while though.

:confused: A'int nobody from the west coast,Pac 10,UCLA How many championships? I'm for OREGON, great program. Almost all of them graduate early or are already graduated when they are seniors. Been to the Elite 8 a couple of times. Wished they could have kept the states best players at home in Kevin Love (UCLA) and Kyle Singler(Duke):(

cheezydemon said:
Good luck, I mean that sincerely. But .......Good Luck!!(I mean that sarcastically, over my dead body.)

Thanks for the good luck, I would agree with you. But then again, I agreed with the whole nation when it said Louisville was going to clobber us in football and then look what happened.

So...It should be a good game. Our fresh are really stepping up in the absence of Devo and Rautins, except for that West Virgina game

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
Thanks for the good luck, I would agree with you. But then again, I agreed with the whole nation when it said Louisville was going to clobber us in football and then look what happened.

So...It should be a good game. Our fresh are really stepping up in the absence of Devo and Rautins, except for that West Virgina game

Absolutely! We clobbered WV and Marquette. At that point I would have been saying "no chance" even louder! But then Seton Hall had the best game ever and ended up beating the cards. Who saw that coming?

Here's to a good game!:mug:

I don't pay much attention to college sports, but I have noticed the men's basketball teams are almost all black and the women's teams mainly white. It would seem that the black guys should have tall, talented sisters and vice versa. Very strange.

Dammit! My cards look good. They beat the ranked teams but lostto Uconn last night. (in their defense Uconn beat IU too last week)

GO BIG EAST!

Grew up in lawrence. KU Jayhawks BB fan since 6years old.
Of course a big 12 fan except for mizzou. Tomorrow is the big game, can beasley and walker take on an entire team?

Michigan State Spartans!

I'm smelling a final four berth this year. And the freshman class!! Hoo boy, if they stick around for a few years, watch out.

Now if only my cable company would carry the Big Ten Network, I could actually watch more than every third or fourth game. Fans of Big Ten teams know what I'm talking about.

c.n.budz said:
Never count out a team coached by Jim Calhoun:rockin:

Well spoken, finally they are ranked! I can't really believe we aren't and Marquette is. We have spanked them by 18 or so twice this season.

Have you noticed that Georgetown and Notre Dame have the easiest schedules?

We got to play Georgetown and Marquett twice.

Notre Dame is 2nd in conference now.....HA! they have played the fewest games and the weakes opponents. That WILL change soon.

College Gameday is in Louisville Saturday and we are headed towards that game against Georgetown like a freight truck....Rutgers by like 30 points, Marquett by almost 20....Georgetown by(?)..........

Back