Cold crashing starter during high krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
Any issues with this other than I may not get the desired amount of yeast predicted since it's not done completely fermenting. Time constraints forced me to make a starter 36hrs ago but with no stir plate it's a slower process and this thing oh it's 3.5L starter due to no stirplate of 2x washed wlp 001 last washed in April 15' on an ipa of 1.062 OG, is still sitting with a beautiful fluffy krausen after shaking but I'm brewing Tomm and I want to cold crash as Id rather not pour almost another gallon of liquid in my fresh wort. I've made multiple starters this way, and yes a stir plate is soon coming, and none had this type of fermentation longevity as this batch. Could this also be due to the fact it's a rewashed strain, maybe it's very potent at this stage. Starter wort OG was 1.038 and my recipe OG is 1.063 for a wheat ipa and I use Brewers friend to get my starter size

Back