Co2 low pressure gauge question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you weighed the CO2 tank (take the regulator off before weighing) and compared the weight to the tare weight stamped on the tank. If you bought a new CO2 cylinder, it probably came empty. You need to get a new tank filled before you can use it.

Brew on :mug:

No I haven't weight the tank. I actually don't have a wrench big enough to unscrew. Borrowed one last time do it. But the tank was full when I bought it. Didn't have any issues with the last keg. My wife was adjusting the pressure and she said out of no where is it jumped really high then shot to zero and it hasn't been working since.

Sounds like the regulator may have broken. Many regulators have rebuild kits available. You might want to look into whether or not you can get one for your regulator.

Brew on :mug:

What is sounds like is the pressure got too high, and the needle jumped the small stop pin, and couldn't turn back.

It looks like that gauge has a plastic front that can come off. Take it off, and pull the needle up and over the stop pin, and then see how it is working.

My only concern is if that is the problem, is that the prolonged time with the internal spring overstretched, is that the spring may have set, which would throw off the calibration, and you may not be able to trust the reading of the gauge.

Back