Citrusy IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chudz

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on a kit or extract recipe for an IPA. I'm a big fan of the citrusy hops, low to medium fan of piney ones, and don't care for floral aromas, etc.

I like the amarillo/simcoe combo that's in my DFH 60 minute clone IPA. It's definitely more citrusy than piney, but I think the simcoe gives it a pineyness that is really good!

That 60m clone sounds really good! I'm actually not brewing the Amarillo recipe today 'cause I don't have enough Am. on hand. I'm bittering w/Simcoe, Cascade for mid-late additions, & finishing with Amarillo.

But I've got an order coming up with Rebel - Going to pick up enough Amarillo to try the recipe above but I'll also grab enough Warrior to try your DFH 60m a try. . .So many brews, so little time, egads!

I made Yooper's 60 minute IPA recently and it came out phenomenal. My girlfriend who "doesn't like hoppy beers" absolutely loved it and wants me to make another batch ASAP. Its the grapefruit flavor/aroma from the Amarillo that she loves so much. I think this one will be a permanent fixture in my pipeline from now on.

Easily my best beer after only 2 weeks in the bottle. It came out to be 1.4% stronger than the commercial version, and sure as hell didn't cost $12 a sixer to make. I bought a single last night to do a taste test, and I think I like my version better! Thanks for such a great recipe.

I made Yooper's 60 minute IPA recently and it came out phenomenal. My girlfriend who "doesn't like hoppy beers" absolutely loved it and wants me to make another batch ASAP. Its the grapefruit flavor/aroma from the Amarillo that she loves so much. I think this one will be a permanent fixture in my pipeline from now on.

Easily my best beer after only 2 weeks in the bottle. It came out to be 1.4% stronger than the commercial version, and sure as hell didn't cost $12 a sixer to make. I bought a single last night to do a taste test, and I think I like my version better! Thanks for such a great recipe.

Awww, shucks. Thanks yourself.

I'm a huge fan of the big citrusy IPAs, and my experience is also that some people who don't normally like IPAs like the grapefuitiness (is that a word?) of an amarillo IPA.

I have several other IPAs that I like, like an all-centennial, a mostly-cascade, etc, but the amarillo hops seem to be the ones with the freshest citrusy taste.

I would also recommend Yooper's 60 minute IPA. You won't be dissapointed. Actually drinking one right now!

Good stuff, Yoop!

Latest posts

Back