Cherry Flavoring from BrewersBest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilssoninlaw

Reaction score
I just started a 2 gallon batch of Cider using harvested yeast from a Kolsch beer I'm making. I was given a 4oz bottle of Brewers Best Cherry Flavoring and figured I may as well use it to try it out.

I like cider OK, I'm more of a beer person and the biggest reason for making it is to keep my son out of my beer.

My questions are... Has anyone used these flavorings? When to add them? and Do I add it straight from the bottle into my Cider?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

I have used some of those flavorings. Really not impressed with them. Really easy to over add and get a kind of unnatural flavor from them. Consider adding real fruit or puree instead. If you do decide to use it start with very small additions in secondary let it sit for a day to mix well, sample and add another very small amount each day until you hit what your looking for.

I have liked the few Brewers Best natural flavorings that I have used (peanut butter, blackberry, and apricot).

While I do like them, they do taste unnatural in the sense that they don't contribute sweetness or the proper acid profile of the fruit.

You should start with small amounts like 0.5oz per 5 gal, or about 1 drop per 2oz.
You may also consider supplementing the cider with malic acid +/- citric acid, especially if it's already not very acidic.

I don't see why you would need to wait to taste, if it's properly mixed.

Latest posts

Back