Chemipro San and/or Chemipro Acid - any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay

Reaction score
Hi
Unfortunately i live in europe and haven't got access to the seemingly amazing Star San so i am looking for an alternative

Have anybody got experience with Chemipro san or Chemipro Acid, and can these work as potential substitutes for star san?

Cheers

Chemipro San is very similar Star San. I would use that.

Chemipro Acid is not a sanitizer.

Right thanks - do you know if i need to rinse after using chemipro san or is it no-rinse like starsan?

The ingredients are very similar to Star San, and so I would use it the same.

I would suggest using 15 mL per 10 L water. Use RO purified or distilled water if you have it available.

Allow it to drain off, but don't rinse. For it to work, it needs maybe 1-2 minutes of contact time and the surface needs to be clean.
It will foam, and that's nothing to worry about.

same question.. why let it dry? Starsan does not need to dry.
StarSan/ChemproSan does not need to dry. It does require a minimum contact time or wet time to be effective, it states this on the label.

From memory, I thought it was 1min, but please reference the label. I routinely work with products whose wer times range from 1-10min. I could easily be remembering incorrectly.

StarSan/ChemproSan does not need to dry. It does require a minimum contact time or wet time to be effective, it states this on the label.

From memory, I thought it was 1min, but please reference the label. I routinely work with products whose wer times range from 1-10min. I could easily be remembering incorrectly.
Hello. Chemipro San says on label that is not sutable for aluminium. That means i cant sanitize the bottle Caps with it?

Beware. Chemipro San actually needs to be rinsed. So it's not a Sar San alternative. I wish I'd knew that before using and buying it.

Hello. Chemipro San says on label that is not sutable for aluminium. That means i cant sanitize the bottle Caps with it?
I think most caps are steel?

But read the label re rinsing. If the instructions say to rinse, then it's not a starsan alternative, per Johnny2 above.

edit: I went looking for instructions, but what I found was very poorly worded. "Rinse only with potable water." Does that mean you must rinse? Or that if you do rinse, use potable water?

Last edited:
But read the label re rinsing. If the instructions say to rinse, then it's not a starsan alternative, per Johnny2 above.

edit: I went looking for instructions, but what I found was very poorly worded. "Rinse only with potable water." Does that mean you must rinse? Or that if you do rinse, use p
It's a misleading product. Firstly it's sold in a bottle almost identical to a Star Star. Secondly, many online stores sell it as no rinse.

Here it is sold as no rinse: https://shop.humle.se/en/equipment/cleaning/sanitizing/chemipro-san-250-ml
Some other stores have sold it as "no rinse, when drained well". Someone contacted the manufacturer and they recommended it to be rinsed.

From what I have read Star San doesn't smell like anything. Chemipro San has a detergent smell, even when diluted by the instructions.

Safety data sheet
https://www.geterbrewed.com/pdf/msds_chemipro_san_en_1.02.pdf

Back