Carrier for Ball Lock Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcmillen

Reaction score
Anyone seen a carrier for a ball lock keg similar to the strap haulers available for carboys? I just put in a pulley system to raise my kegs in and out of my keezer and am looking for a way to support them. Thought there might be something out there before I go and build something. Open to some ideas here.

Good idea. Never seen one but there is at least one thread on here about building your own brew hauler straps...

Carboy haulers are intended to support breakable/flexible nature of glass/plastic carboys. Kegs usually have sturdy handles that can easily handle the load of a full keg, so a short webbing loop with a hook/carabiner should be all you need to safely lift a keg.

Not sure how the top rubberized part with the handles is attached. I was testing lifting a full really old Firestone Pepsi keg with a blue rubber top and it turns out the only thing attaching the rubber to the stainless keg on that one are the two posts. Now it may have been glued at one time (never actually used that one). The rest of my kegs are newer.

Does anyone know how the rubber part with the handles is attached to the stainless keg.

Back