Carapils to a no boil kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelersrbrun

Reaction score
I'm doing a coopers euro lager kit for my father-in-law. He bought me the can with out their "booster kit" is. So I have some dme, dextrose laying around but no maltodextrin. I do have a pound of carapils. Any suggestions on how much to use and how to do it to boost the body on this beer a bit? Or if this would work?

I'm doing a coopers euro lager kit for my father-in-law. He bought me the can with out their "booster kit" is. So I have some dme, dextrose laying around but no maltodextrin. I do have a pound of carapils. Any suggestions on how much to use and how to do it to boost the body on this beer a bit? Or if this would work?

It might work. But you'd have to steep the carpils first, then remove the grains and bring the wort to a boil for at least 15 minutes before using it in a no-boil kit. You could bring it to a boil, add your DME, and then cool it and proceed if you want.

Back