Canned Fruit purée question??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if canned purée is any more dense than my homemade version, but I use one pound of pureed raspberries per gallon for my raspberry hibiscus wheat beer and it's outstandingly raspberry :D

raspwheat_2sm.jpg

Cheers!

As I've written in the past raspberries are powerful. IMO, a little raspberry goes a long way.

When I use puree I use a 49oz can in 5 gallons. Works out with a subtle flavor instead of being hit in the taste buds with fruit (or similar to drinking cough syrup).

I make a steeped tea - 2 ounces of dry flowers in a quart of boiled water per five gallons of beer. While that's steeping I puree the frozen berries, then I add the strained tea. The whole thing then goes in a fresh carboy and the base beer racked on top...

Cheers!

Not sure how one criticizes a brew having never tasted it, but whatever. It fits you.
Still, fyi, I have yet to have a single soul taste it and not want a full pour.
And there have been real skeptics in the mix, including at least one of my sons...

Cheers!

Not sure how one criticizes a brew having never tasted it, but whatever. It fits you.
Cheers!

Get bent. No one is criticizing your creation. I'm going from my own experience. Numerous people have told me they don't like the "in your face" or "cough syrup" fruit in beer. Has nothing to do with you. Is my opinion. God bless you for your opinions, but let me state mine without criticizing me.

Sorry, I did get a bit irked having someone characterize something they've never had the pleasure of experiencing.
My bad...

Vaya con dios.

Back