Canadian Roll Call!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamilton - is there an active brew club anywhere around here? Just an extract guy who's looking to learn...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in Ottawa. I started in Feb and have done a bunch of Festa Brew kits, just getting into extract kits with specialty grains, did one last weekend and hope to do another this weekend!

Greetings from Bourget, Eastern Ontario.

Just a heads up folks, I would be willing to trade /swap beer with people who are in the region. PM me if interested.

Cheers,

Any other brewers from the land of sarnia on here?? Seen a few from london ontario. Im thinking of starting a homebrew club here or joining one in london if I cant track down enough interest.

If you can't find any interest in Sarnia definitely look up the London Brewers Guild. Starting become a larger club, and we even have someone working in the microbiology lab at Western running a yeast bank. Been a pretty awesome group in my experience.

It really warms the heart to see so many Canadian brewers!
Anyone from the Walkerton area in Ontario? I feel like there has to be someone! I'm just not finding any....

But, brew on my fellow Canadians, brew on!

Might be time to find your nearest homebrew shop and just spend the day making friends with people who shop there. or... Make your friends into home brewers.

I'm in the Brandon area now, but for Winnipeg, Grape and Grain on Osborne. it's co-located with Game Knight Games, so don't walk away if you spot the geeky game store, just go in the door and to the left. Grains are in a separate room in the basement.

Prices are fantastic by prairie standards, especially for all-grain supplies, and they carry locally malted pale malt and locally grown hops.

http://www.grapeandgrain.ca/

Another Pegger here. Started brewing last January. I did 1 brewhouse kit and then dove straight into All-Grain. Have about 12 brews under my belt.

Grape and Grain has now moved across the street from the geeky game store.

The water hasn't hurt me yet! Is there a good brew shop in port Elgin? Right now I go to Hanover and the shop is really small and not overly good....

Toronto here. Mostly ciders with a couple of graffs under my belt. I generally hit up torontobrewing.ca who do ship from their online store. Though for some things it hit wine supply stores.

Ever check out there brick and mortar store? Saves on shipping and there hop room is like a candy store.

Hi, Î'm from St-Jean sur le Richelieu. Former extract brewer and presently working on some single vessel gizmo kind of like a Brewmister (but a hole lot cheaper....) to work m'y way in grain brewing. I am Aldo new to this forum.
Cheer's

Since I live in town I always go in person because I refuse to pay canadian shipping rates. I agree the walk in hops fridge is fantastic.

Plus the free three piece airlock for checking in to Facebook while in store is nice.

Live in Peterborough On, work at a craft brewery. took an interest in fermentation right after i started working there. I have made 3 completed apple ciders, a grape juice wine, ans a peach wine. also created some sinfully high ABV concoction i call Prison Wine (its just fermented sugar water). I have used the Mr. Beer to make a batch of american lager, and a Perry. currently I have another peach wine on the go, a cranberry/grape wine, a fourth cider and a yeast culture to grow some more of the WLP575 strain i was given. would love to hear some recipes and thoughts/ideas. cheers

I didn't know about the airlock. I have shopped in person and online, it is fun to wander around in person.

Hey I'm from Kingston Ontario. New to brewing, started in the summer. I've done 2 extract, 1 partial and I'm trying my first all grain this weekend. I was beginning to think I was the only Canadian on here.

Live in Peterborough On, work at a craft brewery. took an interest in fermentation right after i started working there. I have made 3 completed apple ciders, a grape juice wine, ans a peach wine. also created some sinfully high ABV concoction i call Prison Wine (its just fermented sugar water). I have used the Mr. Beer to make a batch of american lager, and a Perry. currently I have another peach wine on the go, a cranberry/grape wine, a fourth cider and a yeast culture to grow some more of the WLP575 strain i was given. would love to hear some recipes and thoughts/ideas. cheers

Which brewery?

I work in Peterborough but live just outside of town.

Where is the best place for grain for the Kingston (or eastern Ontario) region? online or a craftbrew store?

I work at the Publican House Brewery. and a quick update as to what is in my fermenter room, a 5 gallon batch of red wine, a 5 gallon batch of rose' , 2 one gallon batches of apple cider, and most recently i made a delicious apple cider that tastes just like apple pie made with slightly tart apples. also I have been culturing yeast at home. you know reading to it, playing classical music etc.....

Ottawa here. Got 2 BIAB's in the primary; an Irish Red kit from OBK and my first attempt at a clone of Magic Hat #9 using supplies from Defalco's here in town. Also have a 5 gal Graff from the cider recipie archive bubbling away like mad.

Cheers!
Graeme

Hi Brantford here!
Took the plunge into All Grain whipped up the first 3 gallon OBK Lawnmower ale yesterday.Sittin in the fermenter still waiting patiently for burps.

St. John's Newfoundland(from Ottawa originally), been doing all grain for the last few months and jumped to kegging since I had to leave all my glass behind. Currently got what'll likely be a pretty dry irish stout sitting in the pail and got another 2 batches coming up once my replacement thermometer comes in.

Hi Brantford here!
Took the plunge into All Grain whipped up the first 3 gallon OBK Lawnmower ale yesterday.Sittin in the fermenter still waiting patiently for burps.

What's the water like to brew with there? (Unlike when i asked the same question to the guy from Walkerton, this is a serious question) I grew up near Cambridge Ont with a well and the water was rock hard. Tasty stuff but I couldn't imagine brewing with it. ...but I've only ever brewed here where lightly chlorinated RO water pours from our taps.

The water isnt to bad,I do have an RO system but from what ive read on here Ive reframed from using that.So their goes nothing! I guess ill know how good it tastes in a month.

Back