Canadian Roll Call!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
St Catharines here. Newly addicted to the hobby. All extract so far but about to go to BIAB.

St Catharines here. Newly addicted to the hobby. All extract so far but about to go to BIAB.

I highly recommend The Brewmonger for your local supplies. I drive from Hamilton just to shop there. Jeff the owner is super helpful...

I highly recommend The Brewmonger for your local supplies. I drive from Hamilton just to shop there. Jeff the owner is super helpful...

I shop there as well. I tend to cross the border and go to Niagara Tradition in Tonawanda NY more often though.

From the beautiful Muskoka's here. :)
I'm surprised there are not many brewers in this area. :scratchhead:

Another all grain Newfoundland brewer here,living out in Kippen's on the west coast of "the rock".

Ok. So I'm in Burlington, St Caths is 45 min west, Toronto is 45min east and Brampton is 45min north. Anyone know of a good supplier in the Halton area?

Better bitters is in Burlington. It's just off Fairview St. between Brant St. And Guelph line

I'm in Hamilton - anyone close doing all grain that I could come over and observe sometime?

North of Calgary here! Just started brewing. I have a batch I am about to cold crash tomorrow. My second brew and a partial mash.

Howdy from St. John's NL!

I just started brewing, but me and a few other guys have been getting together and making a extract batch every sunday in the hopes of never having to buy beer from the store again... should be starting AG in the next month or so...

How's it going from Toronto!

Just started brewing, seem to be making every possible mistake along the way :)

Toronto here as well. Just learn from your mistakes and keep brewing. It gets easier.
You're also in the right place for endless info.

I live in calgary alberta and I'm trying to find good priced beer kits. There around 65 bucks for 55 or so beer. Doesn't seem reasonable to me. Anyone get them online and where?

I live in calgary alberta and I'm trying to find good priced beer kits. There around 65 bucks for 55 or so beer. Doesn't seem reasonable to me. Anyone get them online and where?

Ontariobeerkegs.com has good pricing. Not sure on shipping to Calgary. But worth checking out.

@ CanadianBrew - Checkout WineKitz too. I went there when I lived in Calgary, as the name suggests it's more wine oriented, but they have basic beer kits too, and with a little extra hops and better yeast, they make good beer.

Hey Canadianbrew! Glad to see another Calgary Brewer here!

Sadly I think we are pretty lacking for Beer Stores in Calgary.

For Ingredients I find that Grapes to Glass has the best variety. He has a very good selection of Grains and will crush exactly what you need for a recipe.

For Equipment the VineYard by Chinook mall has a great selection (but kinda pricey) They also tend to have good hop and yeast selections

I also shop alot a the Wine Warehouse (for the wine... they are amazing for wine) and they are starting to stock Brewers Best and one other type of Brew in a Box Type Kits that I cannot recall the name of.

What I have been doing lately is finding recipes on line then cruising through the Vinyard and Grapes to Glass to get the stuff I need, and then making it up as I go if i cant find the obscure hop or grain I need :mug:

I also order from beergrains.com and HopDawgs site. they both have decent recipes and ingredient selections.

Thanks alot! I checked out grapes to glass and the guy there was awesome. The prices are also really low. I think I'm gonna go with that!

Thanks alot! I checked out grapes to glass and the guy there was awesome. The prices are also really low. I think I'm gonna go with that!

Also you may want to check out the Cowtown Yeast Wranglers. they are the local Homebrew club in town.

I've never gone to meetings but have met some of the members at Beerfest events and they seem like cool folks.

Hey guys checking in from Fort McMurray, AB.

Unfortunately no brew stores up here so I have to get everything online, most of my stuff I ordered from www.torontobrewing.com but got some stuff off ontario beer kegs yesterday, free shipping so you can't beat that. I find pricing similar between the 2.

Hey guys checking in from Fort McMurray, AB.

Unfortunately no brew stores up here so I have to get everything online, most of my stuff I ordered from www.torontobrewing.com but got some stuff off ontario beer kegs yesterday, free shipping so you can't beat that. I find pricing similar between the 2.

I use Toronto (local) mostly for ingredients, and OBK mostly for hardware, and occasionally Canadian Homebrew Supply in Brampton for both or either as they seem to have things the other two don't. The guys in Toronto are great with their knowledge of ingredients also, but their hardware prices can't match OBK. Happy brewing!!

How's van treating you lately? I moved from the lower mainland up here 2 years ago now!

Not doing too bad! Everything still costs too much, but it's a great place to be for great beer! Got setup in a rad spot in south van with an attached garage (now a brew dungeon).

If you're in Toronto I've found noble hops grain prices to be pretty close to obk and a lot of their prices on other things are pretty good too.

Nelson BC, we have the beginnings of a brew club going on 4 meetings. My name's Luke. Art of Brewing is our LHBS. Selection gets better every week.

Back