Can We be done with apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulpfiction32

Reaction score
Seriously everyother post is about apfelwine. How can someone need help

making it. how many questions can people ask. Its enough if you are

having trouble with the directions of mixing juice with sugar and yeast then

go stick your head in a blender. BaBa Boey

What I think you are missing is that for lots of people making Apfelwein is the first time making any type of homebrew, so naturally there are questions. Many folks, after having success with apfelwein move on to making wine or beer.

The community is growing due to an easy to make beverage and more new folks will always mean more questions for those who do not read the 5,000+ replies to my original post. :)

.......BaBa Boey

Stern Sucks....

troll_copy.jpg

:D

Revvy please dont tell me you are an Imus fan. How can you say stern

sucks , He brings laughter to so many people. Edwort you are right

Apfelwine was my first brew as well but there are a lot of post about it and

if some of the people were so inclined as to use the search function, we

could eliminate many repeat posts

While we are at it, why don't we quit asking about fricken beer. Seriously, every post that isn't about apfelwein is about beer. Really, all you do is mix water, barley, hops and yeast and let it do it's thing. That's like only a couple more ingredients than apfelwein, so it shouldn't be that much harder. Anyone who can't figure that out needs to go stick their head into a wood chipper.

While we are at it, why don't we quit asking about fricken beer. Seriously, every post that isn't about apfelwein is about beer. Really, all you do is mix water, barley, hops and yeast and let it do it's thing. That's like only a couple more ingredients than apfelwein, so it shouldn't be that much harder. Anyone who can't figure that out needs to go stick their head into a wood chipper.

Yeah, especially about airlocks, not bubbling, ruined beer worries, sh@t like that....everyone's beer's FINE......and you really DON'T need us holding your hands....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Stern sux.....He was relevant (maybe) when he was on terrestial radio...but now that he went to satellite, he's barely on the world's radar anymore......Hell, his blonde hottie gf or whatever the heck she is, gets more press than he does anymore.....Imus sucks too, but at least his sh*T Storms makes the natl news......Stern could murder someone on live on his satellite channell...and most people wouldn't notice....

:D

Personally I like Howard Stern, when he was on the radio. Haven't heard much from him lately.

I'm willing to bet that 99 percent of the brewing related questions on here could probably be answered by using that Search Function, but regardless, some of us like to help even if we've seen the question a bazillion times.

Say for example the fella looking for the peanut butter beer recipe today. Someone said search, someone pointed down to the related links. I specifically remembered a specific thread about someone who made it and had good results. I was able to provide that information and maybe it helped more than the other links or at least gave a different perspective.

Apfelwein has been done in so many ways besides just apple juice and yeast so it can be just as complex as beer depending on what the end goal is. BTW, I've never made it but Edwort did pay me to speak highly of it. :)

Well forums have a button called "ignore" if you're so offended by the threads you can use it to not see them at all..

Do we have the ignore button??

Seriously, we should get rid of "The Boneyard". If you've seen one boob you've seen them all.

We'll be done with it when people stop drinking it.....might take a while

:tank:

I have 10 gallons of a beverage that contains Wal-Mart apple juice and sugar in two separate containers.

In one I used Montrachet yeast from a previous batch and in the other Safale S-04.

It has a pungent nose coming from the fermenter but my experience with lagers tells me not to worry about fermentation odors.

Stern drank the world supply of apfelwein a few years ago and disapeared into an alien ship, but claims to be broadcasting on some satellite thingy.

Now we all need to chip in and resupply the world with apfelwein or there will be worse economic problems than we already see.

Put your foil beannies back on their coming overhead again to read our thoughts....

Stern drank the world supply of apfelwein a few years ago and disapeared into an alien ship, but claims to be broadcasting on some satellite thingy.

Now we all need to chip in and resupply the world with apfelwein or there will be worse economic problems than we already see.

Put your foil beannies back on their coming overhead again to read our thoughts....

So basically what you're saying is, brew apfelwein and save the world?
I'm down with that!

Yeah I tend to agree with Revvy that Stern lost a lot of his relevancy and exposure when he went to Satellite. I was a happy listener for many years back east though both in the Philadelphia area, and Baltimore, and then Seattle when I first moved out. I loved the news portion of the show, just funny as hell.

Now as to Apfelwine. You're missing the point. It's not at all about how to make it. It's about the communal spirit of Apfelwine

You see one day someone asked about how to make Apfelwine, and well maybe they thought he was crazy.

Then two people asked about how to make Apfelwine, and they figured they was both gay.

Then can you imagine three people asking about how to make Apfelwine, they started to think it was an organization.

And now fifty, I said fifty people a week asking about how to make Apfelwine, and friends we think it's a movement.

And that's what it is, the EdWort Apfelwine Anti-Massacre Movement, and all you have to do is brew up a batch and ask a question while you're doing it (as soon as it comes around on the guitar again)

Hail Apfelwine!

/Arlo Guthrie voice

IIIIIII Don't wanna whine,
I just wanna brew my Apfelwine.

Don't wanna do a line,
I just wanna brew my Apfelwine.
/Arlo Guthrie voice

Quick get the beannies back on, their ship is coming over head again.

Back