Can it be fixed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmack

Reaction score
So I brewed a dark beer, all grain. Beer smith calls it a porter, I used 2 row 8 1/2 lb and 1 lb chocolate malt with the intention of learning grain flavor profiles. Safale us 05. I kegged most of the beer at 2 weeks and bottled a 6 pack w priming sugar. At 5 weeks the bottles have a nice clean flavor and the keg still taste kinda green. The keg has been chilled. Can it be fixed?

Yes. Just be patient and let it sit. If it's been chilled, the yeasts are probably dormant and it may need to be warmed up a little. Might not hurt to warm the keg up to about 70 degrees, then rock it around vigorously a little bit to roust the yeast.

aiptasia said:
Yes. Just be patient and let it sit. If it's been chilled, the yeasts are probably dormant and it may need to be warmed up a little. Might not hurt to warm the keg up to about 70 degrees, then rock it around vigorously a little bit to roust the yeast.

Ok thanks I'll give it a try.

Latest posts

Back