Buy a grain mill, they say. Think of the money you’ll save, they say.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you used to own a whole helluva lot of CDs.
I have now replaced CDs with malt. This is the 21st century, after all.

And not only am I limited to one car in my two-garage, but given the amount of shelving I just put in for malt, I will never, ever again be able to fit my second car in there.

Wait wait wait.....garages are for CARS????
Not my garage. We had to do some rearranging once to create staging space for a remodel, so while we had open space we put one of our cars in it just to prove it could be done. Pictures were taken.

1678416971413.png

Brew on :mug:

Wait wait wait.....garages are for CARS????

no they aren't, just like over and under for an extension cord rollling... 'drive' ways are for cars, garages are for your table saw, welding equipment, and brew rig...no one in their right mind would use them to park a car!

no they aren't, just like over and under for an extension cord rollling... 'drive' ways are for cars, garages are for your table saw, welding equipment, and brew rig...no one in their right mind would use them to park a car!

Welding equipment....now there's something I haven't tried yet. Darn you Bracc! I do have a soldering iron around here somewhere though. Got the table saw, my dad's old Craftsman that is still quite valuable according to ebay.

Welding equipment....now there's something I haven't tried yet. Darn you Bracc! I do have a soldering iron around here somewhere though. Got the table saw, my dad's old Craftsman that is still quite valuable according to ebay.

well i don't need a garage for this what is my welding setup....

1678418633571.png

or something similar....but it's good for small jobs...

I use about 300 pounds of base a year and order in 100 pound quantities.
Keep around 20 pounds of Munich, Vienna and Wheat which lasts about a year.
Roasted, specialty and caramel I keep about 4 pounds of each.
I usually have about 10 pounds of various hops.

Pro tip: a CD tower holds small plastic containers of specialty grains, quite well:
View attachment 814631
If you look carefully at the left side of this picture, you can see the tip of the driver’s side mirror of my wife’s (very small) car. And the shelving system that I put in to make room for said car.

Back