Bullfrog Grrrz Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ventura-County-House-Cleaning-Maid-Service-Violets-Maids_0031.jpg

We've come for your blushing monk.....

who remembers that really angry black guy passing by talking **** to all of us around 1am who consequently got arrested? he sort of looked like chief keef if i recall

"I just got out the mother****ing jail. I'll go right back in wonderful human being!"

Happened about 20 feet from us
Dem feels when the officer turned the corner.

I get defensive because I'm a good dude who does good things for people, has never ****ed over anyone on a beer in my life, and I get griefed to ****ing death like I rob people for a living. If you were a decent person, went about your days in a respectable fashion, did everything you could to be good and do right by others, and people went out of their way to **** on you every chance you got, you'd be fed up too. You'd be defensive too. It's frustrating on a level you can't even begin to fathom. You just haven't a clue what it's like to navigate this community at times as me. I can't say or do any thing, in any manner, that some one around here isn't going to pick apart, misconstrue, or otherwise twist into a manner best suited for their amusement and/or my detriment. I hate to do it, but I just end up ignoring everyone because my only alternative is responses like this..and they get nowhere fast. The only way to stop this is to go out of my way not to respond at all...because defending myself is an act of supreme futility. There's nothing Gene can do to help me with this...I've asked. And as not to turn his lovely site into a dumpster fire, Im just going to have to ignore everything I can and focus on the people who are here just to exchange good beer.

as someone who was in Vermont the weekend you attempted to buy literally all the beer, resulting in crackdowns by HF and Alchemist, you reap what you sow. the booing you received at prohibition pig by the other beer fans you ****ed over should follow you until you leave this hobby.

as someone who was in Vermont the weekend you attempted to buy literally all the beer, resulting in crackdowns by HF and Alchemist, you reap what you sow. the booing you received at prohibition pig by the other beer fans you ****ed over should follow you until you leave this hobby.

Hahaha this actually happened?

He does good things for people!

LOL Get the **** out of here. As I attempted to buy all the beer. I sat there one afternoon at HF and bought 3 growlers, went to the back of the line. Bought three more, went to the back again. I bought a lot, no doubt, but nothing ran out, no one had to wait excessively for me, nor did Shaun, who stood right ****ing there, have an issue with it. And I asked him about it. He even allowed me to fill more than 3 growlers at a time when no one else was behind me. At the Alchemist when I bought 12 cases, I purchased them at the register, and the guy dollied them to my car for me after thanking me for my business. Crackdowns. Shut the **** up. lol And no one booed me at the Pro Pig. I swear to Christ, if anything you guys are awesome at creating some of the best folklore known to man. I haven't ****ed anyone over. This stuff is so amazing to read. As if no one else in beer has EVER done a huge mule for the people he/she knows. Only when I do it is it such a colossal horror story. THe rest of you are just spreading good beer around to all those unfortunate souls without access. After another year of evolution by people believing every goddamned thing some of you spit out, I'll be the reason some brewery will have closed. You know...because I bought all the beer, no one else could get any, ever...so they stopped going to said brewery altogether and they were forced to shut down. You're just pissed off because I caused the flood that made the Alchemist move out of the Pro Pig to begin with. I hope this **** perpetuates until every one of you that thinks this true...makes you hate me with every fiber of your being. Because at this point, if there's any way, shape, or form that I can make you or anyone else like you miserable, I'm game. I hope that every time you think about me...every time you read a thread about me, it absolutely ruins your day. I hope I haunt you for a ****ing eternity. You reap what you sow? Sage words of advice you'd best be prepared to heed on your own.

Don't know him. Seen him at Tired Hand and Forest and Main.

At the bottle share I put some of my bottles on the table that I brought (to get to a nice drinking temperature) with many other unopened bottles and empties. I walk over and he has it in hand with a bottle opener. I called found it peculiar and called him out on it. He was apologetic but he knows better.
Yes you sure did. Someone else had eluded that it was theirs. I was surprised and embarrassed when you said it was yours. Apologies through and through my man. And thank you for the share.

Changing my name isn't going to impact how people act around me even a little. But if it just makes ONE person happy on this forum, and that person is you, I'll do it.

I hope this **** perpetuates until every one of you that thinks this true...makes you hate me with every fiber of your being. Because at this point, if there's any way, shape, or form that I can make you or anyone else like you miserable, I'm game. I hope that every time you think about me...every time you read a thread about me, it absolutely ruins your day. I hope I haunt you for a ****ing eternity. You reap what you sow? Sage words of advice you'd best be prepared to heed on your own.

Boy, that attitude changed quickly.

LOL Get the **** out of here. As I attempted to buy all the beer. I sat there one afternoon at HF and bought 3 growlers, went to the back of the line. Bought three more, went to the back again. I bought a lot, no doubt, but nothing ran out, no one had to wait excessively for me, nor did Shaun, who stood right ****ing there, have an issue with it. And I asked him about it. He even allowed me to fill more than 3 growlers at a time when no one else was behind me. At the Alchemist when I bought 12 cases, I purchased them at the register, and the guy dollied them to my car for me after thanking me for my business. Crackdowns. Shut the **** up. lol And no one booed me at the Pro Pig. I swear to Christ, if anything you guys are awesome at creating some of the best folklore known to man. I haven't ****ed anyone over. This stuff is so amazing to read. As if no one else in beer has EVER done a huge mule for the people he/she knows. Only when I do it is it such a colossal horror story. THe rest of you are just spreading good beer around to all those unfortunate souls without access. After another year of evolution by people believing every goddamned thing some of you spit out, I'll be the reason some brewery will have closed. You know...because I bought all the beer, no one else could get any, ever...so they stopped going to said brewery altogether and they were forced to shut down. You're just pissed off because I caused the flood that made the Alchemist move out of the Pro Pig to begin with. I hope this **** perpetuates until every one of you that thinks this true...makes you hate me with every fiber of your being. Because at this point, if there's any way, shape, or form that I can make you or anyone else like you miserable, I'm game. I hope that every time you think about me...every time you read a thread about me, it absolutely ruins your day. I hope I haunt you for a ****ing eternity. You reap what you sow? Sage words of advice you'd best be prepared to heed on your own.
For someone who was so easy to deal with in private messages, the attitude in the public forums is pretty shitty.

Why is beer such serious business for people?

This thread is why I still go to beer websites.

if anything you guys are awesome at creating some of the best folklore known to man.

I'm a good dude who does good things for people, has never ****ed over anyone on a beer in my life

well, you are right on the folklore point...

I hope this **** perpetuates until every one of you that thinks this true...makes you hate me with every fiber of your being. Because at this point, if there's any way, shape, or form that I can make you or anyone else like you miserable, I'm game. I hope that every time you think about me...every time you read a thread about me, it absolutely ruins your day. I hope I haunt you for a ****ing eternity. You reap what you sow? Sage words of advice you'd best be prepared to heed on your own.

weird, unhinged, concerning, unstable rant coming from someone trying to convince a community that he's a "good dude who does good things for people" and "a decent person, [who goes] about [his] days in a respectable fashion, and [does] everything [he can] to be good and do right by others"

true colors always show, don't they?

Don't know him. Seen him at Tired Hand and Forest and Main.

At the bottle share I put some of my bottles on the table that I brought (to get to a nice drinking temperature) with many other unopened bottles and empties. I walk over and he has it in hand with a bottle opener. I called found it peculiar and called him out on it. He was apologetic but he knows better.
So he never got you any heady topper?

I couldn't imagine anything going wrong with these two well respected members trading together.
I wish I remembered all the details, I am positive Hayden will straighten it all out for us, but it was pretty much JEG sending him a Rare and Hayden deciding it was a gift and no reciprocation was needed.

It was a source of much amusement for me.

Of course I am positive Hayden eventually made it all right, surely.

Surely.

There was also the time he declared a day for everyone in his FB group to drink White Chocolate at the same time. For what purpose I am still unclear....but I digress....anyway, come to find out ole Hayden didn't even have a White Chocolate.

So, PM comes, Hey ole Westy, ole pal....you happen to have a spare White Chocolate?

Sure Hayden, you are a great guy, what's your address, I will send you one.

Ole ******* Westy sends the beetus.

The day comes to all drink White Chocolate.

Where's Hayden you ask?

Probably stuck in a ditch in a rented Tahoe in rural Vermont I suppose.

I bet that White Chocolate ended up as an extra in a box to Florida....they are suckers for the beetus.

Takes a ****ing sabbatical from his own group. I **** you not.....a ****ing sabbatical.

****ing clownshoes.

Hayden, LYMI but don't dare say you don't bring this **** upon yourself.

YETI SIGHTING IN RURAL VERMONT

There was also the time he declared a day for everyone in his FB group to drink White Chocolate at the same time. For what purpose I am still unclear....but I digress....anyway, come to find out ole Hayden didn't even have a White Chocolate.

So, PM comes, Hey ole Westy, ole pal....you happen to have a spare White Chocolate?

Where's Hayden you ask?

I bet that White Chocolate ended up as an extra in a box to Florida....they are suckers for the beetus.

Takes a ****ing sabbatical from his own group. I **** you not.....a ****ing sabbatical.

****ing clownshoes.

tRfPbjb.gif
tRfPbjb.gif
tRfPbjb.gif

Where's Hayden you ask?

****ing clownshoes.

c8a.gif

I posted a "didn't read lol" gif out of humor, but i actually did read it. And here's my take in it.

Here's why i have a problem with muling. You don't really give a **** until it directly affects you. I used to not really care, until this happened. Muling encourages total *****ebagness like this:

There is this bottle shop in my area that receives top shelf inventory (3F bottles, Bourbon county variants, etc etc) with a growler station. One day they announced that they will be tapping Bourbon County Coffee Stout for growler fills, for first thing the next morning. Unfortunately, they didn't enforce growler fill limits and size limits (people were filling 64 oz). The store open at 8 o'clock in the morning and luckily I was driving around in the area for a work errand and could stop in. I got there at about 8:25 in the morning to fill my 32 oz growler i brought with me, and the keg was KICKED. Twenty five minutes after opening, it was kicked. Two of these ****ers, had a box filled with 64 and 32 oz growlers. I asked, are you drinking all of that to yourselves? He said "Oh, I'm hooking up some of my friends?" With ten ****ing growlers? Give me a break *******. I left the store didn't return for a long time. Here's the kicker, they had Bourbon County Barelywine on tap as well, and they were also getting multiple growlers of that! That is a LOT of Bourbon county for just two people.

I have been on the hunt for BCBCS for some time and finally saw the chance to grab a little bit, but nope, these two fat ****s decided they needed to "hook up their friends". ********. If your friends can't be there than TOUGH ****. **** your friends, you just screwed me out of a single 32 oz growler fill that i was solely intending on filling, to split with another buddy too. I'm not trying to sound self righteous, but quit justifying your greed with the phrase "helping my friends out" because you leave the rest of the community who may be interested in a taste, out to dry and pissed off.
Small batch beers like BCBS and HF beers are not up to supply with everyone's demand. If you don't make the time or effort to get your ass over there and get some for yourselves, that tough **** brother. I took the time out of my day to physically put the effort in, and me getting screwed doesn't justify your drinking buddies needs.
I'm not talking about muling like grabbing an extra bottle or case for your friends. I'm talking a HUGE mules, like the one you are attempting to justify.

Sorry about the rant, but this is pretty much the only thing in the craft beer community i get butthurt over. I just feel like there can be enough to share, but it's the "i'm grabbing a dozen cases for my friends" attitude that really makes the craft beer hobby a ***** sometimes.

Again this is a general opinion, i am not "attacking" you personally

I am open to counter arguments/responses. Again, i am not trying to sound like a dick, this is just how i feel about this.

If you don't make the time or effort to get your ass over there and get some for yourselves, that tough **** brother.

So like, couldn't you have made the effort to get there a bit earlier and get your fill if you really wanted the beer?

What you're talking about is not muling. It's dudes capitalizing on the fact that a store didn't set a cap on how much **** you could buy. If a brewery or store doesn't impose limits themselves, that's on them, not the consumer. I have a hard time believing that if you got there early, you'd get your one 32oz fill and be on your way so others could have a taste. Now, hiring escorts off of Craigslist to wait in line and buy allocations for you is another story, and one I think most people would have a problem with.

A little while back, I went to the HF release where it was DBD, Flora, Satsuma, and Damon. Hungover from the night before, we ended up leaving CT a bit late, bathroom breaks and stupid **** happened, and we ended up getting there a little after 10. There was about 300 people in line when we got there. Dude was counting and told us he wasn't sure exactly how many people there were in front of us for the mostly 300 bottle count beers, but he didn't wanna say we should leave and miss out on buying beer. Or stay and miss out because there wasn't enough. We decided to stay. Waited 3 hours and got up to the front, and with about 25 people ahead of us, bottles were gone. Point is, there were a lot of mules in line that day. There were dudes asking people behind them if they were getting full allotments and if they could get the bottles they weren't planning on buying. Sure we drove 4 hours, waited another 3 and lost out. It's not the fault of mules we didn't get bottles. It was our fault. We could have gotten there earlier and secured our allotments.

TL;DR Mules is part of the game. If you really want a special release beer, get there early.

Sub TL;DR is that you got drunk and missed a bottle release and now, after the last couple years, you're now publicly coping with it. So there's that too!

So like, couldn't you have made the effort to get there a bit earlier and get your fill if you really wanted the beer?

What you're talking about is not muling. It's dudes capitalizing on the fact that a store didn't set a cap on how much **** you could buy. If a brewery or store doesn't impose limits themselves, that's on them, not the consumer. I have a hard time believing that if you got there early, you'd get your one 32oz fill and be on your way so others could have a taste. Now, hiring escorts off of Craigslist to wait in line and buy allocations for you is another story, and one I think most people would have a problem with.

A little while back, I went to the HF release where it was DBD, Flora, Satsuma, and Damon. Hungover from the night before, we ended up leaving CT a bit late, bathroom breaks and stupid **** happened, and we ended up getting there a little after 10. There was about 300 people in line when we got there. Dude was counting and told us he wasn't sure exactly how many people there were in front of us for the mostly 300 bottle count beers, but he didn't wanna say we should leave and miss out on buying beer. Or stay and miss out because there wasn't enough. We decided to stay. Waited 3 hours and got up to the front, and with about 25 people ahead of us, bottles were gone. Point is, there were a lot of mules in line that day. There were dudes asking people behind them if they were getting full allotments and if they could get the bottles they weren't planning on buying. Sure we drove 4 hours, waited another 3 and lost out. It's not the fault of mules we didn't get bottles. It was our fault. We could have gotten there earlier and secured our allotments.

TL;DR Mules is part of the game. If you really want a special release beer, get there early.

**** that attitude. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I've walked into plenty of stores that didn't have bottle limits on releases that other stores had 1 bottle limits on, but didn't feel it necessary to clear the shelf just because I could. It's way more fun leaving them on the shelf so others can enjoy the beer. Don't blame the store for people being selfish *****es.

Back