Bullfrog Le Roar Grrrz Release 10/4/15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avalon68

Reaction score
Opening a new thread specifically for this release. I see the info has been posted on page 20 something of the original...but want to be sure people see it.
Here is some basic info. I will post the email from the brewery with all details below as well:
Date: 10/4/15 @9:00 AM
The following bottles will be released:
Le Roar Grrrz (non-fruited, 3rd St barrels)
Le Roar Grrrz Melange (blueberry, sour cherry & aronia berries)
Le Roar Grrrz Blueberry
Le Roar Grrrz Blackberry
Le Roar Grrrz Plum
Le Roar Grrrz Druiven(Merlot grapes)
1 bottle limit on each variant
$30.00 per bottle
Approximately 325 bottles of each type will be available on release day.
***** This release will be cash only*****
Current Pub Club members can purchase their bottles beginning Saturday 10/3 @ 10:00 AM. There are 100 bottles of each type put aside for pub club purchase. First come, first served until they are gone.
Full allotments will be pre packaged in a screen printed cloth wine tote. Your receipt from a full allotment purchase will also entitle you to either an even t shirt, or teku glass.
The email sent from the brewery will be posted below. It contains much more detail.

Last edited:
From the brewery:
Bullfrog Brewery Bottle Release Details
Saturday, October 3rd – Pub Club member release
Sunday, October 4th – General Public release
Here’s the skinny on the Beers... We’ve been very busy, and we’re ready for another
exciting bottle release! We’ll be releasing six Le Roar Grrrz variants to the general public on
October 4th and our pub club members October 3rd, 2015. Both events will take place at our
brewpub, 229 W 4th St, Williamsport, PA 17701. The bottles available for purchase are as
Le Roar Grrrz Melange (blueberry, blackberry & aronia berries)
Le Roar Grrrz Blueberry
Le Roar Grrrz Blackberry
Le Roar Grrrz Plum
Le Roar Grrrz Druiven(Merlot grapes)
(Each of these offerings are 100% wild-fermented, Belgian-inspired, lambic style ales, and
have spent on average, approximately two years, in neutral French oak)
Total cost for the full set/allotment is $180 (cash) or $30/bottle. Pub Club members and the
general public are not required to buy the full allotment of bottles. To show our appreciation
for the support we have received previously, full sets of (six) bottles will come in a free, event
screen printed, cloth, partitioned wine bottle carrier. Additionally, once sets are purchased,
show your receipt to receive your choice of a free event t-shirt or a satin-etched teku
stemware glass. Additional shirts and glassware will be available for sale.
Dates and Times...
Pub Club Members will be able to start purchasing bottles on Saturday, October 3rd @ 10AM.
We will sell the allotted Pre-Sale bottles (100 sets of six or the equivalent thereof), until they
General Public sales will start @ 9AM on Sunday October 4th (Approximately 325 remaining
sets, or the equivalent thereof, will be available - First come, first served, until they are gone).
We’ll be opening up our 2nd floor banquet hall to enable more of you a place to relax, dine,
share and partake in the special tap offerings after the release.
Rules, Rules, Rules...
We know you’re the rebel type, and rules are a turn off, but in order to appease the masses
and have the event work the best for everyone, we must set some ground rules.
• You must be 21+ (Obviously!) and have a valid ID to pick up bottles. It is not necessary
to have your Pub Club Membership Card, as you will be receiving new cards at the
event (We promise this time!).
• Cash Only - Come prepared or use the ATM located in the foyer of the Bullfrog, or in
the Woodlands Bank lot next to the Bullfrog. This will improve line speed significantly.
• First-come, First-serve basis.
• No proxies.
• You may not reserve/hold bottles for pick-up.
• If you happen to be waiting in line, please be courteous and fair.
• We discourage the consumption of alcohol outside of our licensed establishment. If
you choose to anyway, it is at your own risk. Keep in mind that we are neighbors with
the Williamsport Police Department.
Frequently asked Questions, Concerns...
• Can I obtain a Pub Club Membership prior to the release date?
Sorry, folks. We have decided to halt all Pub Club membership sales until after the
release, in order to ensure that our current, faithful members have the best opportunity
possible to obtain these highly anticipated beers.
• If a pub club member purchases bottles during the Pre-Sale on Saturday, Oct. 3rd, can
they purchase another allotment on Sunday the 4th? Yes, but we’d prefer that once
pub club members obtain bottles on Saturday, 9/3, they resist purchasing more
Sunday 9/4 to maximize the number of people with access to bottles.
• Is Bottle Sharing allowed at the event? Historically, bottle sharing has been allowed in
the Bullfrog during bottle release events. This practice will continue, as we feel it
embodies the spirit of the craft brew movement, and builds community.
• Will there be another release in 2015? Yes, most likely, if we can swing it, there will be
another bottle release before the end of the year.
• Will there be an organized bottle share at the 3rd St brewery? Yes, we will be once
again, hosting a themed bottle share at our 3rd St facilities, Saturday evening. We
encourage you to focus on beers of the wild fermented nature with an emphasis on
Lambic/Gueuze.
Improvements, Fixes, Etc...
• Although it may not work for everybody (no day/date ever does), we are trying the
release on Sunday, so we will have full unencumbered use of the adjoining parking lot.
• We will provide portable toilets outside the pub to make your visit more comfortable.
• There will be accessible receptacles for trash and recyclables. Let’s show the
neighboring businesses how tidy and respectable this great beer community can be!
• Our emphasis this time is to keep the line moving quickly.
• Most of the beer will be pre-sorted into allotments for quick and easy sale.
• We will have much more wild beer available on tap to enjoy in the pub.

What does '3rd St Barrels' mean when references the regular Grrrz bottles?

Edit: I see below that 3rd st is another location. Still curious why the distinction though...

is this a rain or shine event? Just checking.. I assume it is.. just wanting to make sure it's not going to get moved because of weather. Rain i'd imagine will keep some folks from lining up at midnight

I'm guessing around 8 or 9. The last few times we have met up at the pub and walked over. Anyone coming later can meet us there. I'm sure it will go on for a while...

We can make sure there are maps or at least directions available at the pub.

I just got this from the brewery:
The bottle release scheduled for Sunday 10/4, as well as, the pub club release on Saturday 10/3 will be held rain or shine.
If it rains, for either event, provisions will be made so that people can wait in line under cover.

What does '3rd St Barrels' mean when references the regular Grrrz bottles?

Edit: I see below that 3rd st is another location. Still curious why the distinction though...
There was unfruited grrrz also bottled from the 4th street brewery, these are not being released yet. Heard great things though.

I'll find out if those 2 are still available.
Thank you, sir!
Z2DPU4i.gif

Back