Bullfrog Grrrz Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I passed on Saturdays release. 1- I have a picture perfect image of some older deserving dude with brewery loyalty that got the full allotment I would have taken (let a girl dream). 2- I'd have donkey kicked the litterers. 3- Would have to fight the urge to Ninja Warrior the **** outta those seats.

Watching this thread unfold was more worth my time.

my biggest gripe is beer nerds feeding into paranoia and getting in line at 11 pm

tumblr_m9hdtstcxk1rrdy0u_large.gif

(I'm just as guilty).

2QWV1.gif

Glad I passed on Saturdays release. 1- I have a picture perfect image of some older deserving dude with brewery loyalty that got the full allotment I would have taken (let a girl dream). 2- I'd have donkey kicked the litterers. 3- Would have to fight the urge to Ninja Warrior the **** outta those seats.

Watching this thread unfold was more worth my time.

I'm kinda sad I didn't make it to this one. (Only live an hour away). Seemed like this release had a little bit of everything.... A great bottle share, hoes, pimps an arrest or two, whole trailerparks of people muling. What more can a beer nerd ask for?

Shrug. None of the BA Cakes, in their wildest days, traded like the Grrzes.

FT: pick 2
Grrrz kriek
Grrrz berry
Grrrz strawberry
Crime of Passion

ISO
JDMC

Cheers!

One thing's for sure - my talent for proving I have no idea what I'm talking about is still there!

I had a great time at this release, but definitely noticed some people heading back to the hotel to sleep and **** and then reappearing in line, but we spent a solid 10hours in front of bullfrog and it seemed like the group of faces near the front door stayed mostly the same. Trash was terrible. I used my styro cooler as a trash can, wish I had brought bags to give out so more people would have cleaned up after them selves. I did leave half a case of water in line but I figured with that 4 hour wait people would drink them and throw the trash away after. Seriously though, leaving bottles and all your other **** in front of the brewery isn't going to give them reason to let us have a good time ever again.

Met some cool cats though and had a great time. Drinking the full lineup tomorrow can't wait to see how it goes.

Patrick and I put up our bottles together for one picture. It was a combined haul. That's not all mine. I mean, I ended up with two sets because I got one set with my Pub Club membership, and one from general admission...but that shouldn't be an issue.

And I don't look like a fool. You do when you obviously make assumptions and then make statements like this when you clearly don't know what the **** you're even bitching about.

Just saying dude. I mean...I have pictures showing 100 bottles of HandFarm on a table at Tired Hands for a release...it doesn't mean it's all mine...or the other 20 people's...all of whom took and posted the same picture.

I ended up with two sets total for the weekend.

Adding you to a "do not interact with list". If you take pictures with all that beer, why would you do it other than to swing your dick around? Lame as ****.

Adding you to a "do not interact with list". If you take pictures with all that beer, why would you do it other than to swing your dick around? Lame as ****.

Thank Christ. It's just beer. I can't believe anyone would get offended based on whose all beer is in a picture.

Thank Christ. It's just beer. I can't believe anyone would get offended based on whose all beer is in a picture.
Especially when the day following, I got my set at the public release, had two sets, and the picture would have looked exacty the same.

Especially when the day following, I got my set at the public release, had two sets, and the picture would have looked exacty the same.

I'm not offended. I just think you have a shitty attitude and based on how you interact with people in this community, you get awfully defensive about everything involving you. I just think you're kinda a dick.

Go do dick swinging elsewhere mannnn

I'm not offended. I just think you have a shitty attitude and based on how you interact with people in this community, you get awfully defensive about everything involving you. I just think you're kinda a dick.

Go do dick swinging elsewhere mannnn
I get defensive because I'm a good dude who does good things for people, has never ****ed over anyone on a beer in my life, and I get griefed to ****ing death like I rob people for a living. If you were a decent person, went about your days in a respectable fashion, did everything you could to be good and do right by others, and people went out of their way to **** on you every chance you got, you'd be fed up too. You'd be defensive too. It's frustrating on a level you can't even begin to fathom. You just haven't a clue what it's like to navigate this community at times as me. I can't say or do any thing, in any manner, that some one around here isn't going to pick apart, misconstrue, or otherwise twist into a manner best suited for their amusement and/or my detriment. I hate to do it, but I just end up ignoring everyone because my only alternative is responses like this..and they get nowhere fast. The only way to stop this is to go out of my way not to respond at all...because defending myself is an act of supreme futility. There's nothing Gene can do to help me with this...I've asked. And as not to turn his lovely site into a dumpster fire, Im just going to have to ignore everything I can and focus on the people who are here just to exchange good beer.

Overall, I only saw one case of cutting. Two heavy set guys right in front of the building, near the corner that wrapped towards the beginning of the line. Other than that, seemed like it was pretty well done.

Yeah, it really wasn't that bad - my biggest gripe is beer nerds feeding into paranoia and getting in line at 11 pm, even though people could have showed up an hour early and got their full allotment (I'm just as guilty).
"YOU are the problem."

I get defensive because I'm a good dude who does good things for people, has never ****ed over anyone on a beer in my life, and I get griefed to ****ing death like I rob people for a living. If you were a decent person, went about your days in a respectable fashion, did everything you could to be good and do right by others, and people went out of their way to **** on you every chance you got, you'd be fed up too. You'd be defensive too. It's frustrating on a level you can't even begin to fathom. You just haven't a clue what it's like to navigate this community at times as me. I can't say or do any thing, in any manner, that some one around here isn't going to pick apart, misconstrue, or otherwise twist into a manner best suited for their amusement and/or my detriment. I hate to do it, but I just end up ignoring everyone because my only alternative is responses like this..and they get nowhere fast. The only way to stop this is to go out of my way not to respond at all...because defending myself is an act of supreme futility. There's nothing Gene can do to help me with this...I've asked. And as not to turn his lovely site into a dumpster fire, Im just going to have to ignore everything I can and focus on the people who are here just to exchange good beer.
1) calling YOURSELF a good dude is equivalent of "my mom's says I'm handsome". Let someone else come to your defense. That has credibility.
2) You want a mod to come to your defense? Dafuq is this, BA?

Basically, quit whining and man up. People have been on you and called you out for specific behaviors repeatedly. Either fall in, or jump ship.

Overall, I only saw one case of cutting. Two heavy set guys right in front of the building, near the corner that wrapped towards the beginning of the line. Other than that, seemed like it was pretty well done.
What was pretty well done? The execution of line cutting?

Im having a difficult time understanding how some friends were told they were around 350th in line and yet they missed out on getting bottles of Crime of Passion since it sold out a good dozen people ahead of them.

I know people walk in and out of lines and its difficult to get an exact count but to be off by ~60 ?

Im genuinely curious now where you were at in line and if the large fellow who cut back in line ahead of us did it AGAIN after we got our bottles and left. I was around 150 in line (or so we were told.)

Im having a difficult time understanding how some friends were told they were around 350th in line and yet they missed out on getting bottles of Crime of Passion since it sold out a good dozen people ahead of them.

I know people walk in and out of lines and its difficult to get an exact count but to be off by ~60 ?

Im genuinely curious now where you were at in line and if the large fellow who cut back in line ahead of us did it AGAIN after we got our bottles and left. I was around 150 in line (or so we were told.)

From what I understand there were only ~400 total bottles of CoP (as it says on the bottle), so if you take out the 100 that were sold on Friday, would make more sense...

I loved that Aurelian Lure beer that I brought that Hayden McCall almost drank without me... Dude please don't attempt to open other people's bottles at a share. I know you apologized but just ask next time. You know I'm more than happy to share.
Expand please. Are you friends with him?

Expand please. Are you friends with him?

Don't know him. Seen him at Tired Hand and Forest and Main.

At the bottle share I put some of my bottles on the table that I brought (to get to a nice drinking temperature) with many other unopened bottles and empties. I walk over and he has it in hand with a bottle opener. I called found it peculiar and called him out on it. He was apologetic but he knows better.

I meant pretty well done as in, I didn't see any other issues...in addition I saw staff assist with one line cutting incident. Overall I didn't think it was handled as poorly as others do. However I sat in my chair and watched Netflix, so I may have missed other shitty situations.

Back