Bulk grains in NYC or long island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romanalex1

Reaction score
Have been homebrewing for 3 years and have always ordered my grains from karp's homebrew on long island currently at 58$ a sack of muntons marris otter. Which has been suiting me just fine. I was wondering if there are any alternatives to this. Anyone else In new york city (i'm from queens) or long island intrested in a bulk order. Saw the prices at north country malt were about 40$ a sack, but with shipping being what it is it still puts me around the $60 mark. It's a shame new york homebrews have so little choice as I here other people on the forum paying 20-30$ per sack.

...have always ordered my grains from karp's homebrew on long island currently at 58$ a sack of muntons marris otter...

It's a shame new york homebrews have so little choice as I here other people on the forum paying 20-30$ per sack.

$20-30 per sack of Maris otter? Are you sure? That price sounds like domestic base malt, unless somebody got a great group deal.

$40.50 at Gaslight Brewery in South Orange NJ. Their catalog is here:

U-Brew Homebrewing « Gaslight Brewery & Restaurant

They are sort of a homebrew shop, but not really. The shop isn't something you can walk around. You basically email or call in your order, Dan will tell you when it's going to be ready, and you go pick it up.

The nice thing about it is that you can pick up until the bar closes (around 2am), but the downside is that if Dan is working the bar that day, you usually have to wait until the next day to pick up.

P.S. The food there is pretty good, most of their beer is so-so, but every once in awhile they have a good one. Plus they carry other beer as well from different craft breweries.

thanks for the reply's, but i'll probably go with north country malt 38.68$ a sack and shipping from upstate Ny cant be too expensive

Back