Bulk DME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joutlaw

Reaction score
Hi all.. I haven't posted in a while, but I'm trying to get an order together. I'm sure the question has been asked before, but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on it.

Normally I buy everything for my brewing needs from austinhomebrew.com , but I'm trying to cut down on costs on malt extract. I have a digital scale so I was thinking of getting bulk dried malt extract.

I found a site... http://www.leeners.com/sugars.html and they have 33lbs of ultralight DME - what my recipes call for - for $70 shipped.

It seems like a good deal compared to AHB. I've never heard of these guys and wondered if anyone has experience with them, or know of a better place to get bulk DME

joutlaw said:
they have 33lbs of ultralight DME - what my recipes call for - for $70 shipped.

I hope you mean that your recipe just calls for ultralight DME and not necessary 33 lbs of it! :)

Ha... that would be strong stuff.

It's a ESB and irish red ale that both call for 7lbs of LME. I figure I could make 6 batches with 33lbs of LME factoring in .8lbs of DME for every 1lb of LME.

Latest posts

Back