Bringing Kids to Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also curious to see what your definition of a hipster is.

hipster-subkultur.jpg

always reminded me of SealWatchman

We have a Lego table set up, it's on the other side of the bar so it sort of keeps the kids away from the main area. The general manager hates it because it promotes kid friendliness when we are more of a "it's cool but don't be a dick about it." We have had issues where loud patrons have upset parents, but they just moved to the opposite end of the bar and all was well.

(Lego table was put there so the brewers kids had something to do while they worked)

On this topic, Ex Novo have changing tables in their bathrooms, with a sign in each stating how the owners have young kids of their own, and understand that they want to be accommodating to all sort of patrons, including those with families, who still want to be able to go out and enjoy themselves. The tasting room isn't just a bar either, so plenty of tables for families to circle around.

Their beer isn't bad at all, either.

98eJ8FM.jpg

aQZTmsr.jpg

On this topic, Ex Novo have changing tables in their bathrooms, with a sign in each stating how the owners have young kids of their own, and understand that they want to be accommodating to all sort of patrons, including those with families, who still want to be able to go out and enjoy themselves. The tasting room isn't just a bar either, so plenty of tables for families to circle around.

Their beer isn't bad at all, either.

98eJ8FM.jpg

aQZTmsr.jpg
Pfriem in Hood River also provides a fully stocked changing station in their bathrooms.

Does the crowd that believes bringing babies into breweries is a no no, also believe that parents should not bring their children into restaurants that serve alcohol? What about a 4 year to a baseball game, they serve beer there...

I guess my point is, it's not the kids fault if he or she is cranky in a public place. And if the parents aren't responsible enough to remedy the situation both for their kids and their surrounding patrons, then **** them. And I wouldn't hesitate to say something to them. I've done it in my restaurant. Had a guy offer to fight my partner Mike when he asked the father if he was going to pick up the mac and cheese that was all over the ground.
Some people are just ********, and like mentioned before, their kids will probably be ******** as well.

Latest posts

Back