Brews Brothers at KEDCO...been there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealmc

Reaction score
Brews Brothers at KEDCO in Farmindale, Long Island, NY

I'm thinking of driving out there this weekend from Brooklyn and was wondering if it was worth the drive. I was hoping to pick up a few brews worth of grain to save myself from shipping. Any reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I got everything I needed to get started there a few months ago. As I was a complete rookie when I first went I'm not sure how much I can be a help in terms of how the selection was. The brothers who run the place are very helpful and knowledgeable and they have a pretty good sized room for homebrew. My suggestion would be to call them up and just ask them about what they have before heading out

I don't mean to necropost but for anyone who reads this thread at some point:
Kedco is well worth the drive. Great pricing on grain, decent hop pellet selection, and good overall inventory. They have mostly dry yeasts but they do carry the smack packs. I just found them after using the other two main suppliers on the island. The guys who run it really know their stuff and that alone is worth the drive for a quick lesson.
PJB

I haven't been back there since the fall but I can't not recommend them for people who are just learning everything. The guys are very friendly and will talk for hours. I haven't really planned my first spring brew yet but if I need some extra supplies they will always be my first stop

I work two blocks away from Kedco and have been there many times. Not the best selection of grains but they have all the major hops and some good yeasts. Dave is the guy who is usually there when I go and he is very knowledgable.

Arbor wine in East Islip is a little further out on Long Island and seems to have a better selection.

Back