BrewPi I2C LCD Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druish_00

Reaction score
I just got my BrewPi up and running and wanted to add an LCD to be able to check temps at a glance. It was quite the chore to get the BrewPi software up and running correctly since Im using a new Pi Zero W and there was a compatibility issue with the OS.

I found the thread describing what seems to be a pretty simple way to install an LCD display.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=510036&page=31

Im just curious if anyone has done this recently. The post is from 2015 and some of the links that are referenced in the thread are a bit out dated or no longer exist.

If I use one of those .hex files referenced in post, is that going to mess up the BrewPi software?

Oh and I did get a rotary encoder since it seemed relatively easy to wire up according to the post by jcscott

As long as you can still access the modified files and install the "legacy"/Arduino version of BrewPi on an OS older than Stretch, everything should work or at least can be made to work.
I don't think any of us running BrewPi have tried running it on Stretch but I have numerous instances running on Wheezy and Jessie.

fwiw, feel free to ask a mod to move this thread to the end of the BrewPi LCD thread if this is going to run long.
You'll get more eyes there...

Cheers!

day_tripper,

Thanks for the timely responses. I'll see what my more tech savvy friend has to say about this. After all it was him that set up the software and got it all working through quite a bit (10 hours) of trial and error. Again thanks for the advice! Im sure I'll have more questions here real shortly.

Back