Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate this - we need good businesses in Georgia - big or small or medium - but GOOD ! Breaks my heart when a home state business stumbles so badly.

I have had a couple of similar experiences of late. I am a relatively new brewer and I discovered BMW early on and was very pleased with their pricing, service and the speed of delivery. My first sour experience was back in the summer when I visited the store while my wife was attending a work-related training session in Atlanta. The folks in the store seemed to have more important things on their plate than assisting me. Then, my last two orders have taken weeks to ship... with very basic items out of stock. No communication... it took me several attempts to get someone on the phone. Then, they switched shippers which grossly affected my delivery schedule... And, lastly, they shipped liquid yeast packages without refrigerant packs that I had paid for... My LBHS is about 40 miles away and not very well-stocked. I'm looking for alternatives...

You might check the guy in Columbus - it's a mom n pop store so maybe call before you go to make sure they'll be open. I can't recall what their liquid yeast selection entails, but they are good folks willing to share knowledge. I wish that I was not always in a hurry when I stopped there. Interesting - no credit cards - but OK with checks.

Add one more to the disappointment list.

I had ordered 11/22.

Emailed on Friday 11/28 and received a response that they are running behind and that my order should ship on Monday 12/1.

Received a voicemail on 12/1 that 80% of my order is not in stock, but expected in by the end of the week.

I have called and left a voicemail and have sent an e-mail in January with no response to either.

I give up.

I had ordered 11/22.

Emailed on Friday 11/28 and received a response that they are running behind and that my order should ship on Monday 11/29.

Received a voicemail on 11/29 that 80% of my order is not in stock, but expected in by the end of the week.

I have called and left a voicemail and have sent an e-mail in January with no response to either.

I give up.

were you already billed? You are already beyond 6wks and I believe that is the limit for credit card charge back.

I was billed the day of the order.

I have just filed with my credit card. I thought the standard was 60 days, but I guess that is up to each card issuer.

I'll let you know what comes of it.

I was billed the day of the order.

I have just filed with my credit card. I thought the standard was 60 days, but I guess that is up to each card issuer.

I'll let you know what comes of it.

Yeah, I think you are right. I was counting 6wks, but I believe it is 60days. Good for you.

I had ordered 11/22.

Emailed on Friday 11/28 and received a response that they are running behind and that my order should ship on Monday 12/1.

Received a voicemail on 12/1 that 80% of my order is not in stock, but expected in by the end of the week.

I give up.

I have a feeling that there are underlying issues related to business management that are causing this... sad...:(

I gave BMW the benefit of the doubt. The last order was for my Christmas brews. Had I left it to BMW, my batches would've not been finished. Good thing for RB, 1 day shipping to my house. They do not offer flat rate shipping, but for me it was only ~$6 more. They also offer 2 day shipping to half the US.

It is sad to see a HBS struggling , but the captain has to take care of his ship and that is clearly what is lacking.

Well add 1 more bad experience to the count, I wish I had stumbled upon this thread earlier.

I placed an order with them 1/4. Given that it was a Sunday and right after the holidays I wasn't expecting super fast fulfillment. I called on Friday the 9th to check on the status and the response I got was that they were a little bit behind and that they should get to my order by tomorrow.

There was no change in my order status the next day (Saturday) so I called again to check on my order. A different guy answered the phone this time and he told me that some of the ingredients in my order were out of stock and that my order should ship on Tuesday. Had I known that some items were not in stock I would not have placed the order to begin with so I asked him to cancel it for me. He said he would cancel my order and that I should see a credit to my bank account in a few days.

Well it's 3 days after I supposedly cancelled my order and it still shows as pending on their website. I left a message with them yesterday asking them again to cancel it but have not heard back from them or seen the order actually cancelled.

--- Edit ---

I finally spoke them again and they confirmed that they cancelled the order and that the change is not showing on their website for some reason.

Sad collapse of a business with such potential. Does anyone know other suppliers who can store your recipes in a profile and allow you to buy for the recipe ... i.e., if your recipe calls for 4oz of acid malt - you will get the 4oz without needing to buy a pound?? To me this was the niche part of their business that made them attractive. But if they suck at customer service and maintaining inventory, then they suck, period

Sad collapse of a business with such potential. Does anyone know other suppliers who can store your recipes in a profile and allow you to buy for the recipe ... i.e., if your recipe calls for 4oz of acid malt - you will get the 4oz without needing to buy a pound?? To me this was the niche part of their business that made them attractive. But if they suck at customer service and maintaining inventory, then they suck, period

I've been using RiteBrew lately and have been happy with them. They don't have a recipe builder, but you can purchase grains in 1 ounce increments. Their Quick Grain Selector is pretty handy, IMO. http://www.ritebrew.com/Articles.asp?ID=256

BMW is still in business. They seem to take about 2 weeks to package a custom recipe...at least in my case. My most recent order was placed on Jan 1 and it shipped today. At least I know it will be here tomorrow. I have a neighbor who works on that side of town. He says he places an order and tells them when he is going to pick it up and they have it for him. With all the Atlanta traffic, it takes me over an hour to get to BMW, so I may bundle my next order with his.

I'm sitting right at a week with the status still pending for an ESB AG recipe. This is 2 for 4 on my orders with them in regards to lack expedience and follow through. Aggravating.

BMW is still in business. They seem to take about 2 weeks to package a custom recipe...at least in my case. My most recent order was placed on Jan 1 and it shipped today. At least I know it will be here tomorrow. I have a neighbor who works on that side of town. He says he places an order and tells them when he is going to pick it up and they have it for him. With all the Atlanta traffic, it takes me over an hour to get to BMW, so I may bundle my next order with his.

Are you sure they are still open?

The login page on their site is dead now. Just a "page not found" error.

Are you sure they are still open?

The login page on their site is dead now. Just a "page not found" error.

I received an order from them last week. I just checked the website and it worked for me. I'm not defending their slow service, but it appears to me that they are still open.

I received an order from them last week. I just checked the website and it worked for me. I'm not defending their slow service, but it appears to me that they are still open.

It's blowing up in Chrome. In IE, it works fine.

That's odd.

12 days pending thus far. No response to emails but I may just leave it go for my personal entertainment at this point. I'm glad I'm not biting at the bit to brew.
The only thing they had going for them for me personally was their beer database. It was nice to be able to see a recipe on here I had interest in trying, jump over to BW and check out a specific recipe and order it. It was simple.

Same here. I'm having same issues. Nice folks but I think out of the last 10 or so orders I have had to call them to get things moving. The excuse is usually "catching up from the holidays" (even though that was a month ago) or something is out of stock and the truck has not come in yet. I love the simplicity of the website / brew builder but I don't know how much longer I can keep trying to use them.

ARRGGHHH. I bought a bunch of stuff from BMW back when the brewery was all fired up. Always remember being happy, took a break when I moved and started a new job and had my life blow up.

Spent all last week getting a replica of my old ferm chamber set up in the new house, decided to make a comeback brew this weekend, and ordered some stuff last Saturday hoping to have it to brew this weekend. Still no update about shipping tracking, and still 'pending.' Credit Card has of caourse already been hit. Irritating. Going to go ahead and cross that off the list of places to get stuff from.

As an aside, a GIANT box of equipment that I ordered from MoreBeer at the same time showed up in the office today. Lesson Learned.

I ordered on 1/12. Every time I call them, their response is "your order should go out in a day or two". I will give them until Friday the canceling my order. I wonder if they are going out of business. Anybody has idea?

It's pretty sparse when you go in there. I used to be able to walk in and pick up a package of DME. Now they have package it for you in the back. There is practically nothing on the shelves.

I went in Monday and they didn't have any Light DME, they were out of liquid dark malt (had to settle for amber).

I think they are more focused on weekly classes than anything else.

They used to be pretty good, now I'm wondering if they'll be around in the future. Think it's time to look for a new place to get my supplies.

It's pretty sparse when you go in there. I used to be able to walk in and pick up a package of DME. Now they have package it for you in the back. There is practically nothing on the shelves.

I went in Monday and they didn't have any Light DME, they were out of liquid dark malt (had to settle for amber).

I think they are more focused on weekly classes than anything else.

They used to be pretty good, now I'm wondering if they'll be around in the future. Think it's time to look for a new place to get my supplies.

Funny that. I'm in Atlanta (Smyrna) on business so I went in there today for some DME -- nothing on the shelves so they packaged up a couple of pounds from the back. There is hardly any stock in the front part of the store -- the person explained to me that their shipments arrive on Friday so most of the stuff is gone by Thursday. Having said that, it did not feel like a thriving business.

Got curious and found this thread. Similar story...no response or update on my order from a couple weeks ago. But remarkably the credit card was hit immediately. no pending on that part of the order. Just a little communication would make all the difference. i'm like a lot of other guys- i have to juggle a business, family, obligations, and brewing. frustrating to say the least.

Latest posts

Back