Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many on this forum, I too had nearly given up on BMW. I was driving the 3 hours to a "L"HBS rather than dealing with BMW's terrible shipping.

I gave them one last attempt on Wednesday. My order was delivered today.

This is incredibly fast shipping! It looks to me like they have fixed their issues at BMW. I will be ordering from them again.

Well, I ordered my supplies at midnight on 4-23 and it was shipped the same day. The package arrived in my town today but has not been delivered because BMW didnt include my apartment # :(
Contacted FedEx but they are not sure when the driver will be able to come back. So I must wait...but other than that mistake everything else went great, I have next day delivery with them for only $6.99!!

Since I live close to BMW I can say from my visits that they are trying to get more in gear. It used to be a depressing room with empty shelves. Now it's a depressing room with stocked shelves. I get my yeast there because it is always super fresh, but I usually pick up hops elsewhere because they are stored at room temp and the vacuumed sealed packages are a little annoying. Living in Atlanta though there is no perfect LHBS but I don't really mind running around finding ingredients....

I made another order from them last week. Ordered Friday 5/30, it shipped Tuesday 6/3, and it arrived today 6/6. I'm happy.

Is anyone else having issues with BMW's crush? I've brewed two batches, and they both had horrible efficiency. When I was mashing I could see a ton of whole kernels.

I placed an order to BMW for a couple of recipe kits I built via their Brew Builder. After I placed the order, I was looking around and noticed they were out of stock for US-05 yeast. Usually if an item is out of stock, I'll get a call or email asking if a substitution is ok. I figured, Wyeast 1056 will be ok for a substitution.

Well, something kept telling me to go ahead and get some yeast from another vendor, so I ordered two packs of 05 from AiH as a per-caution. Glad I did, as I emptied the contents in the BMW order, I see the yeast was left out. :mad: Luckily the yeast order from AiH came in the same day, so I'll still be able to brew one of those two batches this weekend if I can. What irritates me a little was there was no call or email from BMW about the yeast being out of stock, so I see when I go back to check their inventory, it's now back in stock.

I think from now on, I'll just get my grains from them if it's a custom recipe I'm brewing. Anything but that will be from someone else.

Just a friendly reminder to keep posts here to reviews of the company from actual customers. All the big suppliers have positive and negative reviews, some fair and unfair, and members interpret them and decide which reviews are applicable to them.

Edit: You can find the rules for the Company Review forum at the top of the forum, its a sticky thread. The relevant portion is:

If you do not have experience with the company, please do not post to the thread. Company reviews threads are only for customers of said Vendor.

Is anyone else having issues with BMW's crush? I've brewed two batches, and they both had horrible efficiency. When I was mashing I could see a ton of whole kernels.

MrNic,

Sorry to not replay sooner to your post. I did see it and we have fixed the mill up with a fresh knurling and new bearings, and the crush is looking mighty fine now. Thanks for letting us know you were having issues. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Ed

I placed an order to BMW for a couple of recipe kits I built via their Brew Builder. After I placed the order, I was looking around and noticed they were out of stock for US-05 yeast.

I am very sorry for the confusion caused by our site listing it out of stock but not letting you know once you placed an order. It is kind of weird place in our policies and procedures that I will get addressed.

Thanks,

Ed

Just placed my first order with Brewmaster, as LD Carlson was out of stock on a few items. So I had to pay retail on the rest of my order with Brewmaster. Because I'm impatient ;-)

Hope the stuff ships fast, I am only ~2hrs by car away from them in North Georgia.

Deleted Quote

First, let me say I appreciate your concerned and tactful post. I see two members had their posts edited for what reason I don't know. I don't know what to make of that looking at the reasons why they were deleted, but whether it's blasting me on how I handled it, I don't really care personally.

Yeah, I probably could have emailed/phoned them about it, but the last few times have been hit and miss too much so I just decided not to. I have no ill will toward Ed and BMW and if my last post was interpreted that way, then I do apologize for the misinterpretation. As far as I'm concerned, BMW is not on my blacklist, but just no longer the go to vendor they once where.

. . . I don't know what to make of that looking at the reasons why they were deleted . . .

I'm happy to explain the rationale behind the rules (you can see the rules for this subforum at the top, in a sticky thread from TxBrew).

Company reviews can become quite personal for some people and there have been a number of the review threads that have gone off the rails. It doesn't matter if its a positive or negative review, but someone disagrees with the review and posts a response, then someone else jumps in, and things quickly escalate. Sadly, people have both left HBT in disgust over a review thread and been banned for refusing to back away from the keyboard.

We don't all have the same requirements for a good customer experience. A good example is the price vs. speed dichotomy. Someone will post a positive review about the great price they got and mention that the item was delivered a month later. Someone else, a non-customer, lambasts them for being dupes who don't know what good customer service is, and the thread blows up. What the reviewer values is up to him/her and doesn't need our commentary.

So, our response is to limit the company review threads to actual reviews from actual customers, with the exception that the companies can respond briefly and within reason.

If I see a review that I strongly disagree with, I can always post my review (if I'm a customer). But I can't question another member's experience or review. There are positive and negative reviews of all the major companies - readers can sort it out without further interpretation from non-customers.

I've ordered from these guys twice now. The first order was placed around 11pm and I got an email the next morning saying it was shipped. I was really impressed and it definitely made me think to use them again.

Skip ahead to 6 days ago (08/22). I knew I wanted to brew this week, so I went on their site and placed an order. I hadn't heard a thing from them since I placed my order, so this morning I logged into the site and the order is showing "processing". I shoot them an email to find out what's going on. They called me this evening to explain that one of the items was out of stock and asked how I wanted to proceed.

The thing that bothers me is, the item was out of stock, but the website didn't say that, nor did they notify me about it. It took me contacting them to find this out. I'll be getting my order in, but not in time for me to brew this week (while I'm on vacation).

My recommendation is either to fix the site so it updates the stock levels better, or contact the customer as soon as you know the product is out of stock.

I am having a similar experience with Brewmasters and I am completely unimpressed. I made my order on 10/9, 7 days later I got an e-mail that a couple of the items were out of stock and they wanted to know how I wanted to proceed. Seven days to get to this point is unacceptable. I went and looked and their site still listed the items as in stock. So I told them to send what they could now and the rest when it came into stock...but that I did not expect to pay for 2 shipping costs as this issue is completely their fault. Two days later and the order is still "pending." I will call Monday to see if they did a partial shipment, but more than likely I will be canceling this order.

I would have been shocked to deal with this issue in 2005, but its now 2014, something is clearly wrong with this company's online operations.

I ordered on 9/25. On 10/10 I called to see why nothing had shipped. They told me two items were out of stock and would ship everything else. I had my first order on the 14th and the rest of it on the 19th. I ordered two all grain recipes and they came unmilled. I checked my order and they were supposed to mill them. So it took almost a month to get my order that was no good to me because it wasn't milled. I emailed them to let them know of my dissatisfaction and I never got a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am the "you get one chance" kind of guy. I have ordered in the past without issue. I placed an order on 11-4-2014 hoping to get it in by the weekend. I called on 11-5 and was told it should ship that afternoon or on 11-6. Guess what still pending with no communication. I emailed them asking to cancel the order and for a refund, and I have heard nothing and not refund has been issued to my bank account.

I ordered from another company who I can get it shipped in 1 day, so it looks as though the Christmas brews will get brewed this weekend. I hope they get things turned around , but I will have to say I will probably not order from them again.

I gave Brewmasters Warehouse another chance. I placed an order on Friday, October 31st, and I put in my order notes that I wanted them to send me an email if the order wouldn't arrive by 11/7 (I'm brewing this weekend). My order was still pending by Wednesday, so at that point I knew I wasn't going to get my order in time. I decided to call them to cancel because I knew I was never going to get an email response. The person I talked to was polite, but he made no effort to try to keep me as a customer. If I would have been offered 2 day or overnight shipping I would have been content, but no such offer was made. I had him cancel my order, and I won't be ordering from BMW again.

This really makes me kinda sad. This was such a good store for me. I could drive there, but it takes me an hour to get over there. I placed my most recent order on Nov 1 for just under $100 and it is still in process. I'm sure it will ship next week. I realize they get a lot of orders and a lot of custom recipes. That kind of stuff takes time to process and requires good employees who actually care about what they are doing. I think BMW may not have the right employees. I know good people cut into profit, but bad people do the same:(

I've been away from the site for about 5 years... This store used to ROCK. We saw it from its infancy, Ed would do anything to help out a brewer.

This shocks me.

They used to be good, I have a pending order from 10/22. The reason I went with them years ago, was the ability to buy grains in small amount. I see Austin Homebrew has that now, I will give them my business from now on.

pending since 10/22!!!??? To hell with that. I've been waiting 6 business days and I'm about to pull the plug.

They're not even responding to emails now. Are they even still in business? Their site has no problems accepting orders and taking payments.

I thought an order in pending since 10/31 was bad...

:(

They're not even responding to emails now. Are they even still in business? Their site has no problems accepting orders and taking payments.

I thought an order in pending since 10/31 was bad...

:(

I sent an email to cancel my order, and like you, have not heard anything back. Also, the status on the site says "pending".

I called last week and was told it should ship on 11/6, which did not happen. I will all them again today and cancel the order and see where that goes.

I am now ordering from a different company who offers 1 day shipping to me. Out of respect I will not post the name of the company on another companies thread.

We will see the outcome.

I tried them one more time but will not go back until they can get an inventory system that talks to their online system. I went back and forth via email with someone there because they didn't have the items in stock although the website said it was. They then said it would be coming in later that week, but it didn't so they offered to substitute an equivalent (yeast), so I agreed. Then the substitute didn't come in but the original one did, but at that time it was too late for the brew day so I cancelled it.

Unfortunately, I won't be ordering from there again...too bad.

The reason I went with them years ago, was the ability to buy grains in small amount. I see Austin Homebrew has that now, I will give them my business from now on.

Brewmasters Warehouse and Austin Homebrew sell by the ounce. Brew Brothers sell by the tenth of a pound.

Well Lads, it looks like they are shipping. As I said before, I know custom recipes take a litlle extra time especially if they have a lot of them to fill. This is also a busier time of year since the weather has cooled and more people start brewing again. All that considered, I guess 7 days to ship is not horrible. I'll have my stuff tomorrow.

I am wondering if they are still in business too. I placed an order Nov 5 with specific comments about contacting me if out of stock on an item and i would substitute. Never heard back, have emailed twice. I called the 800 # yesterday and got through to an answering machine I just tried again and the 800 # seems to be disconnected, I then tried to call direct, got answering machine. I can't even cancel my order with them, guess I will have to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge that way.

I just called the 800 #, and got through. He said he is not sure why my order hadn't shipped and should ship tomorrow.I said if it cannot ship soon to cancel it. Again, we will see. I was told it was going to ship on the 6th.

So I guess they are still in business, as stated before I will be ordering from the company with whom I can get 1 day shipping. Albeit $6.00 more for shipping than the BMW's flat rate.

They're definitely still in business. I placed an order on Nov 1 for two custom recipes and received them yesterday.

I got an email reply back from Ed. They have had several employees leave recently and are very short staffed. They are working on bringing in more staff and trying to keep up with incoming orders.

It was good to hear from him and I wish them luck.

My order is due in today and I intend to keep ordering from BW.

:ban:

I got an email reply back from Ed. They have had several employees leave recently and are very short staffed. They are working on bringing in more staff and trying to keep up with incoming orders.

It was good to hear from him and I wish them luck.

My order is due in today and I intend to keep ordering from BW.

:ban:

I would like to say the same, and might order again if the problem is fixed. Not to mention that no communication was initiated on their part. I had to call in to get the updates on my order.

As a business owner , especially small business, you have to sometimes put in that extra to ensure your customers are happy. That is what produces repeat customers.That seems to be what is lacking.

I hope he gets everything worked out, he seems like a nice guy from the few times that I have spoken to him.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Placed an order on 10-23 and didn't hear anything from them until I contacted them a week later. They said they something about being particularly busy at that time and that my order was ready to ship except they didn't have the DME I had ordered and it would be a few more days before they would have it in stock. I asked them to ship what they had and refund me for the rest. They did. I placed another order on 11-15. It's now 11-21 and again I've heard nothing about my order. I contacted them last night and haven't heard anything. I assume customer service must only work Mon-Fri. These guys have a lot of good things going for them, but if it's going to consistently take nearly 2 weeks to receive my orders it's going to be difficult for me to continue to do business with them.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered on the 12th and its now the 24th with no indication that anything is happening. I ordered pretty basic stuff for an IPA... The part I'm having trouble with is that I have to chase down information. I ordered a complex brew from Austin 2 days later, received it, made a starter, and its been bubbling away since saturday..

My order was placed 11/09 and still pending. Not a word from BMW. Guess it's time to find a new supplier. I am 100 miles from the nearest LHBS so really nice to have a good online supplier with affordable shipping.

Hope they get things fixed..... I've always had really good service from them in the past...

They've been having major problems for quite some time now. I had very similar issues late last year, early this year. At first, I just made sure that I got my orders in well before I needed the stuff. After a while, I got fed up with the hassle and started ordering from other vendors. I recently moved and due to the selling of our old house and moving into a new one, I hadn't brewed in about 9 months. I decided to give them another try hoping that they had resolved their issues of incompetency. I placed an order on the 8th of November. On the 14th, I called them to find out the status since it was still showing as pending and I was wanting to brew the friday after Thanksgiving. I was told that the order would ship out that day. It didn't. I was finally contacted by them on the 17th to let me know that they were out of stock of the DME (1lb) I ordered for my starter and that they could substitute it or wait. I had them substitute it and luckily, it shipped that day. They used to be really good about getting orders shipped within 48 hours of receiving the order. Now, you're lucky if it ships in 480 hours if you don't hound them. Yes they are friendly and nice, but they are horribly incompetent and at this point, I no longer place any orders from them. I've spent over $2000 with them over the past couple years and sadly, will not be giving them any more of my money or business. It's sad because they used to be top notch, quick to respond to inquiries, and quickly shipped orders.

I have been following the recent problems with sadness. I have loved my interactions with them in the past, never a problem, but I will definitely wait until things improve before going back.

Back