BrewMaster question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seffi

Reaction score
hello all , just started to use a brewmaster micro-brewery.... did all the necessary tests with the pressure etc and now ive started brewing proper (been going about 5 days now) the pressure has built up and now there is a leak! in just one small area, less than a centimetre, where it drips very slowly. I know there is prob not much i can do about this now, just wondered whether this will affect the beer?

I have not used one of those before, but my guess it that it will ferment fine. You will run into issues when you try and carbonate and serve the beer though, as it probably wont hold the pressure needed.

Is there anyway you can seal the hole with some kind of plumbers glue? Either that of wait till the beer if fermented, then empty the unit, seal it and then put the beer back in and try can carbonate it with a little sugar.

Ok, thanks for the tip - will have a look into that! Altho bizarrely it appears to have slowed down or possibly even stopped leaking?!! :S Its held its pressure pretty well while ferementing, as the gauge kept rising and has held well overnight/ into today.

Cool, sometimes the pressure can seal up any gaskets, happens with kegs a lot. If it stops leaking you are good to go.

Latest posts

Back