Brewing excitement, feel free to ignore xP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingTravisty

Reaction score
I'm super excited, I haven't brewed a beer since around November. There's no point in this thread other than to exclaim to the world how excited I am to get to brew again. I'll be brewing a modified partigyle, first runnings will be a cream ale, using 2 row and in a separate bad flaked maize. Not sure what hops I'll use yet. The second runnings will be made into a Brett saison, that I'll add wheat to and possibly some type of fruit after the initial fermentation is over.

I'm hoping the saison will be matured enough by the middle of June, since I'm brewing it for an after party I'm hosting for Indy PopCon (Geek convention xP)

Anyways hyper excited rant over, go on with your day nothing to see here. I'll just be excitedly pacing from now until this weekend.

Good luck man. A couple years ago I had to take over a year off due to moving and being temporarily in an apartment. It was rough. Once I got setup I churned out a good 10 batches in a couple months.

Good work. I only brew maybe once every 1.5-2 months and still look forward to brew day.

Good luck man. A couple years ago I had to take over a year off due to moving and being temporarily in an apartment. It was rough. Once I got setup I churned out a good 10 batches in a couple months.

This sadly will be my last brew for quite awhile more than likely since I'll be doing a lot of traveling over the next few years. I'm a bit sad I won't get to brew lol but the trade-off is worth it. At least I get to try beers all over the world.

Good work. I only brew maybe once every 1.5-2 months and still look forward to brew day.

I was brewing 2-4 times a month for awhile there lol and then all of a sudden I wasn't able to any more because of moving. My friend is letting me brew at his house and I'll just find a place to put the fermenters in my little studio apartment. It's part excitement for brewing and part excitement for my upcoming road trip that this is being brewed for, where I'll be meeting a lot of amazing people and doing a lot of amazing things.

I seem to remember seeing another thread not too long ago about going through a dry spell. seemed like moving and children were the main culprits. travel is a good excuse. enjoy your brew day.

Man, I have been in a hella long dry spell. House hunting, work, and a toddler have put all the fun on hold these days.

I seem to remember seeing another thread not too long ago about going through a dry spell. seemed like moving and children were the main culprits. travel is a good excuse. enjoy your brew day.

Moving definitely makes it difficult, especially if you move into a small studio apartment. I can imagine adding kids into the mixture would complicate it even more. I'll definitely enjoy it though thanks!

Man, I have been in a hella long dry spell. House hunting, work, and a toddler have put all the fun on hold these days.

Lol I can imagine, I hope you get past that dry spell soon! Good luck on the house hunting.

I took a 5 year break from brewing - twice! Sometimes circumstances get in the way (kids, travel, cash flow) and you just can't make a batch for a long while.

After a failed batch in 2009, I thought I'd never brew again. Fast forward to November 2014 and my wife asked wanted what I wanted to do for my birthday and out of nowhere I said, "Brew a batch of beer!". I started out brewing every other month, but now I'm doing a small batch about every 3 weeks.

To quote Galaxy Quest, "Don't give up. Don't give in. Never surrender!"

I took a 5 year break from brewing - twice! Sometimes circumstances get in the way (kids, travel, cash flow) and you just can't make a batch for a long while.

After a failed batch in 2009, I thought I'd never brew again. Fast forward to November 2014 and my wife asked wanted what I wanted to do for my birthday and out of nowhere I said, "Brew a batch of beer!". I started out brewing every other month, but now I'm doing a small batch about every 3 weeks.

To quote Galaxy Quest, "Don't give up. Don't give in. Never surrender!"

Haha perfect way to finish that off xP and yeah this will probably be my last brew for a few years since I'll be traveling. It's not very economical to bring all of that equipment on a plane lol

I'm impatiently waiting on my friend to come get me to brew some beer xD is it bad that I'm more excited about brewing than I am about actually drinking beer?

Edit to add more, so I'm not spamming the thread lol:

So the homebrew store told me they would order me some wyeast 3031-pc, which of course is seasonal and not sold right now so instead they ordered Brett lambicus. I know this is meant for lambics but will it work well for a saison?

I just got home from what I hope was a successful brew day.. I'll know tomorrow what the gravity of the beers were but I have a good feeling about them. I forgot to get a second grain bag to separate the flaked maize in the cream ale mash, before doing a modified partigyle for the saison mash so I ended up with flaked maize in my saison but I don't think it will have a huge impact. This brew day was very much winged, the lhbs had a different strain of Brett than I expected, I pretty much just brewed with what I had on hand plus a couple things I bought at the store spur of the moment and I used hops I've never used before lol I'm excited to see how this turns out, even if I'll never be able to reproduce it. Ok that's enough spamming xP go about your day, nothing to see here

Back