Brewing a cream ale today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's spring-like finally here in the UP of Michigan, so I'm brewing a cream ale today, just in case summer actually comes this year. It's also a "clean out the cupboards" day, and I think it'll work well. What do you think?

It's:
52.5% German pilsner
22.5% US two-row (Briess)
10% Flaked corn
10% Flaked rice.
5% White wheat malt
All crystal hops, 25 IBUs

That looks like a tasty brew, I could see using a Kolsch yeast (my fav,2565) Make 10 gal and split it with your fav ale yeast. That thing is gonna have a none stop head,and lace to the bottom of the glass.

Looks a lot like the cream ale I made last Sunday here in Saginaw, Michigan. I used Michigan made Pilot Malt House 2row that I had left over with the rest of the grain bill a mix of flaked corn and flaked rice. I wanted to try Lemondrop hops and a cream ale seemed like the right beer to experiment with.

Not too bad at all. I was kicking around the idea of brewing a cream ale on Big Brew. Would you mind it I used your recipe?

No, of course not. But I won't be able to give you any actual tasting results for a couple of weeks. I think it'll be great, based on my past experiences but I've never done exactly this recipe before.

Back