Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drachebrauen (Dragon Brewing)

The first thing I ever made was a spicy habanero capsicumel which I named "Dragon Slayer" since I'd already set myself on a theme, figured I would stick with it. Plus being a Renaissance Festival worker, the whole dragon thing just kind of works. :)

Here's the newly completed logo:
5988111275_2ef00cb9b8.jpg

I'm calling my outfit "Cold Beverage Brewing Co". I got that from G Love and Special Sauce's song "Cold Beverage". That song makes me want to go out in the heat and brew!

Logo, version 1:

ColdBevBCLogo_sm.jpg

Youtube video (of the song):

William

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going with the rather boring "Reed's Home Brew" as I started out, then threw a few options out to my friends. Among the candidates (Backstage Brewery since I work with community theatres, Writer's Block Brewing Company due to my writing hobby) was Fuzzy Cat Brewing. My wife and I each had two cats when we got married, had four for a bit, and are now down to two (as of this past weekend, sadly).

Anyway, one of my friends suggested "Tipsy Kitty" as an alternate, almost everyone voted for that, so I'm stuck with it now!

Tipsy%252520Kitty.png

Chute Inn

I live in Chute St, but also allows a play on words, as in I'll shoot in for a quick one. Hence, the logo has " Shoot In - For fine hand crafted beer"

New Texian Brewery

NewTexian.jpg

"Texian" is the term the original residents of the Republic of Texas used in order to refer to themselves - when Texas was a sovereign group of individuals.

To me, it brings to mind the independence, self-sufficiency and "Liberty or Death" mentality that is lacking in today's culture, even in Texas. I define myself as a Liberty Lover and this endeavor is a reflection of my views on living free. I belong to a new generation of Texians. Hence... New Texian

And the label's design is a reflection of my personality... I prefer concise and simple. I don't like flashy or overly busy design.

My brewery's name is Mr. McGinty's Irish Jig Brewery. It was inspired by the character 'Iron Balls McGinty' in the movie The Jerk. My cat has a bow legged swagger that reminded me of that character and so the name was born.

Mine is Caged Monkey Brewing.... It all started in college when one of my instructors kept referring to us Avionics tech as Caged Monkeys.... It stuck with me. Currently working on the logo.

Well the SWMBO won out and name change is under way.

Going with Blue Leaf Brewing. This has some significance in memory of my brother. He passed from colon cancer a year ago. During his fight the family adopted the Colorectal Foundations "Blue Star" as our symbol for the fight. However the blue star just didn't look right for brewing. I took his love of the outdoors and adapted to become Blue Leaf Brewing.

Blue Leaf Brewing.jpg

I am total newbie to this whole thing, but I'm leaning towards one of these two

Morning Wood Brewing Co.
Or
Dancing Bear Beer Co. - I'm a Dead fan

I wanted something simple. not to complex. I went with "Brevity Brewing" because that is the definition of what I am about. I don't use crazy complex brew systems, and I like to keep things short, sweet and to the point. Brevity Brewing - Beer for drinking.

Mine is Lucky Chicken Brewery... its been a couple names before that one but I like it the best, and the wife likes it too. The name came from the fact that we have raised chickens for longer than we have been brewing, but since we have been brewing the chickens get more distillers grains (lucky chickens). The reason my wife like it is she gets to "pardon" one chicken (the lucky chicken) a year the rest of the layers are only around for a year and a half or so.

Lucky Chicken Brewery also lets me get creative with names to go allong with the theme!

im gonna try a name " yeast farts brewing" because without the yeast releasing there farts into the wort there would be just sugar water. Its all about the alcahol!! You can try all the recipes in the world, take out the farts from beer and no one will give a zhit. Or should i say fart!?

Roxton Brewing.......
Town in England where I have traced my heritage back to the 1400s.
Plus, I thought it had a good sound to it.

Alright Guy Brewing... In 1994, after a long marriage, went through a divorce. The same year roots rocker Todd Snider released his 1st album. One of the hits was 'Alright Guy'. It's a song about a guy who, despite his faults is really an alright guy. I am to thus day the biggest Todd Snider fan ever. Alright Guy Brewing was a natural fit. My son designed me a logo to go along with it that reflects my military days and brewing.

Kynge Brewing Co.

Last name is King, my father and I brew beer together. He also does some ancestry stuff and found out that way back when (i think 1600's) it was spelled Kynge so yea...

gnomeBeer2.jpg
stupidGnomebrewing,
brandonhagen1
ive collected lawn gnomes since i was like 12 i wanted to call it evil gnome but the SWMBO did not like it so i changed it to stupid still sounds good to me though

So far I've been going with "Both Hands and a Flashlight Brewing", because I'm just starting out (i.e., I couldn't find my own a@@ @@le with both hands and a flash light). No logo yet, I'm a little scared to try and put one together frankly.

Winter Brau Brew Haus

My last name is Winter. My wife designed the logo and gave me the glasses for Father's Day.

I have to say this looks really cool. For my last bday my wife made me a chalk board "beer stats" board. We don't have a logo yet, neither of us can draw.

Granite Underground Brewing.
I live in a 330 year old house with massive granite blocks as the foundation and part of my wine cellar is dirt under decking. we ferment, bottle and condition down there, and im from the Granite State too. Kinda just works!

im open to suggestions though too. were still toying around with ideas, since the house is also rumored to be haunted by its original owner Capt. mark fifield and his family.

Cenosillicaphobia Brew House is what I'm leaning towards now. Don't want any significance or connection with my area or life just want something to amuse me I don't take it that seriously.

Considering shortening that to Ceno Brew House with a definition of Cenosillicaphobia under it. No idea what my logo could be if any. Suggestions would be welcome.

Nicolson Oleary Brewing

Named after two sides of the family the first being Scotch:drunk: and the second being Irish. :drunk:

Cenosillicaphobia Brew House is what I'm leaning towards now. Don't want any significance or connection with my area or life just want something to amuse me I don't take it that seriously.

Considering shortening that to Ceno Brew House with a definition of Cenosillicaphobia under it. No idea what my logo could be if any. Suggestions would be welcome.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! love it!

John Beere said:
Deep Six Brewing Co.

We sort of went serious with our name, just in case we ever make it big time - heh. Plus its just sounds damn cool (to me anyway).

***EDIT*** - Wanted to update this post with a copy of our new brewery logo.

Cool label!!

Work in progress...I figured it doesn't matter what you do for a living, when people drink enough they all become philosophers so I ran with that thought.

Logo.jpg

Meh?

I work in IT (I've done Network Administration, web development, etc etc. yada yada) - at one of my old jobs the IT Manager loved beer (as do I) and his dad was a former beer judge and homebrewer for competitions in the area.

We always joked about opening a brewery, thus the name "Byte Brewery" was born (all in IT, dealing with 'bytes').

We always joked, and eventually I left the company but continued brewing - so I just kept it.

I built the website and wanted it to be similar to here, as well as offering a place for people to post reviews of beers (Review The Brew), and comment about existing reviews, and just discuss everything about beers. I haven't posted any of my brew days (yet) - but the site went live about 2 weeks ago.

www.bytebrewery.com

P.S. That ugly logo? Yea, nothing 'official', just something to put up there in the meantime until I come up with something catchy.

I have been off and on brewing for a few years now. Far from mastering the craft. But from the beginning I have always been stuck on Dough Boy Beer. No label yet, but I was using a picture of Chunk from Goonies. Have to love the truffle shuffle.

I'm still trying to come up with my brewery name. I haven't thought too in depth about it... I figure it's just one of those things that will hit you, and when you know, you know.

J-Luc Brewing when I brew something by myself and Hoosier Tiger Brewing Company when I collaborate with my friends. 3 of us from Indiana and 1 from Missouri.

J-Luc said:
J-Luc Brewing when I brew something by myself and Hoosier Tiger Brewing Company when I collaborate with my friends. 3 of us from Indiana and 1 from Missouri.

This is the first homebrew that I did with a couple buddies.

ForumRunner_20110915_104452.jpg

King of Hearts Brewing. I figured the suicide king in a deck of cards could make a good lablel and the brews can be named after certain cards and what not.

Logo-HV_slogan.jpg

I am an industrial electrician, so I wanted to do something with an electrical theme. I am big on themes (just look at the name of my beers) and knew this would open a world of options as well as logos and label ideas. Plus, in the event that I ever actually am able to open up a brewpub, it offers a unique and catchy name, with loads of interior design opportunities.

Cheers!

Back