Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sansai-Saopian brewing

Sansai is where I live in Chiang mai province,Thailand. S Salopian is a native of the county of Shropshire in England where I am from. It's a salute to roots both new and old.

Mine is Roten Fuss Bier, or Red Foot Beer in german.
The area where I live in Brazil is known for having a red colored dirt and the people who usualy work at the land (farmers and etc.) are known as Pé Vermei (or Red Foot) since their feet gets a redish color from working bare foot.
I choose to use the term in german to give it a sofisticated sound even though the meaning is not sofisticated at all. Also german because someone told me there was already a Red Foot beer in the region. Another fun fact is that Roten (red) sounds similar to rotten in english giving it two meanings. And to finalize I went with bier instead of brauerei because I don't like the sound of it and it would be more difficult for people to say it.

So Roten Fuss Bier it is.
The actual names of the beers I'm choosing as they come along. The last one was the HOMBRE IIPA with it's 12% ABV. It's named that way due to some friends calling Hombre the coffee they brewed at college for staying awake at night to study. It was so strong and concentrated that it was colled Hombre.

I'm Carney Man Brewing as an omage to my favorite band (Cross Canadian Ragweed). All my beer titles are based off their song names.

Currently bottled: On A Cloud Belgian Wit
Up Next: Soul Agent India Black Ale

I bought our first brew set up as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. We have been celebrating big events (birthdays, Christmas, etc) with a "Big Paddle" in our kayaks. A new homebrew is always a reason to celebrate!!

Silent Brewing. I live across Silent Pond and my driveway comes out on Silent Street.

logo.jpg

Trash Paper Brew Werks

I am an architect, and sketch paper is commonly called "Trash Paper". Used to sketch out design ideas and concepts. I consider my brew as a rough idea and concept.
BASEDOCUMENTSTOUTcopy-1.jpg

I decided to name mine OSB, for One Speed Brewing. I have ridden bikes for years, but only ride a single speed bike. I still ride, and and have even done a century in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
I also like the super subtle reference to the slow speed of brewing, and the "slow drink movement"
I have yet to make labels being I only keg, but been toying around with integrating a chaining and crankarm in the background behind the letters OSB.

Long Toe Brewing .... I asked my wife to come up with a name, and while I was wearing sandals she looked at my toes and said "mann, you have some long toes"

TopherDrew brewing Co.

My name is Christopher and I go by Chris. My bro in law helps and as an engineer likes to build equipment is Andrew and goes by Andy. Figured we'd use the parts of our names we don't use in daily life.

My other bro in law is an artist and just created our logo...

What do you think?

ForumRunner_20110706_151557.jpg

The East Lantern Pub House. I live on the East side of Washingston State and I love UK styles of beer which makes me think of cobblestone roads with oil lanterns on either end. Also I have loved the Green Lantern comics my entire life so it just fits well in my life.

My wife and I are both Veterinarians

All our beers are named after our pets

pearl.jpg

straw-beardee.jpg

"Kneejerk Brewing"

Our slogan is "Kneejerk Brewing: Don't think, drink!"

Name comes from how I met my SWMBO.

We dated briefly in highschool, lost touch with each other for 22 years. I saw her name on a mutual friend's Facebook wall and sent her a "kneejerk" message and friend request, asking how she was, what she was doing, etc.

Now we're engaged.

And after some time away from brewing (and this board), for various reasons, I got back into it last weekend as a sort of "kneejerk" reaction to running out of the IPA I made some time ago.

Planning another batch this weekend :)

"Whippy" and "Swamp" are both internet handles I have used for many years. Coincidentally, just last year I discovered ties with my ancestors to a place called the "Whippy Swamp" which is in South Carolina. I found out as well that I used to live within 10 miles of the place and used to go party out there when I was younger! I was not even born in South Carolina, I just ended up here...most of my family is from Florida.

Anyway, that is how the Whippy Swamp Brewery was born.

My wife and I are both Veterinarians

All our beers are named after our pets

We work for a vet occasionally. He's got 3 dogs, 6 cats, 3 goats, a whole bunch of chickens, and to top it off, 2 pigs.

The pigs are in the back field, awaiting slaughter, freezing, and then eating.

I don't believe for a second that he "loves animals."

Have not officially adopted a name for my home brewery but I am leaning toward "Big Country Brewing" after the Scottish Rock Band from the 80's and 90's. The only problem with this name is that many people will think I am a big fan of country music and not know the name of my favorite band founded by Stuart Adamson (RIP) and is now headlined with Mike Peters from the Alarm.

Big Country Steeltown.jpg

Big Country The Crossing.jpg

Not much of a story really. My brewery is named after its location. Before I had never really thought about naming my beer or calling myself a brewery. But frieds believe it or not kept asking so I reached down and pulled East Pea Ridge Brewing right out of my ass. It sounded catchy and it stuck. The SWMBO wants to get some tshirts made. LOL

I need to jazz up the logo a bit. But this will do for now.

small_East-Pea-Ridge-Brewing-12353.gif

Remember! Friends don't let friends drink ****ty beer..

Hi I'm new to the site - just started my home brewing hobby with a Apple Cider - hopefully it turns out well!

My Brewery name is Lostdriveway Brewing Co.

Lostdriveway has been my internet and gaming handle for many years. Its an adaption of David Lynch's Lost Highway movie but I thought it applies well to a Brewery because after drinking my brew you probably will lose your driveway / won't be able to find your driveway!

Cheers

We work for a vet occasionally. He's got 3 dogs, 6 cats, 3 goats, a whole bunch of chickens, and to top it off, 2 pigs.

The pigs are in the back field, awaiting slaughter, freezing, and then eating.

I don't believe for a second that he "loves animals."

Do you love animals? Do you use / eat animal products?

I got my nickname 25 years ago Toolbox so I just went with Toolbox's Micro Brewery

so far my Kensington Kreme Ale and Summerdale Summer Ale are Smokin the recipies are perfect

My name is not very original...I live on top of a mesa, hence the name "Mesa Brewing Company" which works because there are a lot of people here in town that reference my house as "Mesa Brewery". I try to name my beer after things you would find in a desert...but there have been more than a few kegs kicked before ever getting a name.

One of my brew partners is a huge Yankees fan and calls his "New Yankee Brewing"

My first post while my first beer is fermenting. Rodzina is the name of my brewery. It means family in Polish. I am American, but my grandfather was born in Poland. I'm planning to name my beers after people in the family. My first will be Henry Pale Ale after one of my uncles. Wanted to do Jack Stout after my dad, but found out there already is a Jack Stout. Still might do it anyway.

Other possibilities: Kasimir Kolsch, Bertha Bock, Walter Lager, Anna Porter

When we baught our house 10 years ago, it had a Bomb shelter in the back yard. 20' deep with 4 bunks in the walls and a ventelation system.
So the name..Bomb Shelter Brewery

Solanum Brewing. Named after the fictional zombie virus from Max Brooks series of books. All the branding will be zombie related pretty much.

Drachebrauen (Dragon Brewing)

The first thing I ever made was a spicy habanero capsicumel which I named "Dragon Slayer" since I'd already set myself on a theme, figured I would stick with it. Plus being a Renaissance Festival worker, the whole dragon thing just kind of works. :)

K&A Brewing

Took the first letter of my name and the first letter of SWMBO's name in an effort to make her a part of it which has thusfar worked out pretty well.

Spring St. Brewery.

I just thought of it last night (my last name is Spring) and I have great art concepts in mind. Sadly a quick googling showed that Spring St. Brewery is famous in investment circles, if not brewing ones.

Luckily for me the brewery is now out of business and by the time I go pro, 92 years from now, the trademark issues should be moot.

Back