Brewdog Peroxide Punk - hop timings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMBHale

Reaction score
Hi all,

I downloaded the DIY Dog doc, got all excited and bought enough ingredients to crack on with the Peroxide Punk recipe, but there are no exact timings. Here is what I have on the recipe:

Amarillo 25g Start
Simcoe 20g End
Amarillo 25g End
Crystal 20g End
Liberty 20g End
Simcoe 50g Dry Hop
Amarillo 50g Dry Hop

Obviously the 'start' and 'dry hop' additions are self explanatory, but I was looking for advice on when to add the others - when it says 'End' - is that just the end of the boil or just before?

Many thanks.

On page XII, Step 12 (add hops) is this: "We recommend a 60 minute boil for most ales and a 90 minute boil for most lagers" so I'd go for 60 minutes on Peroxide Punk.
If you want to be as spot on with the IBUs as you can be you can use brewing software like Beersmith.
Beersmith will tell you what 25g of Amarillo @60m will give you and then you can tweak the "end" hop timing until you get 40IBU (10 minutes before end -> whirlpool).

On page XII, Step 12 (add hops) is this: "We recommend a 60 minute boil for most ales and a 90 minute boil for most lagers" so I'd go for 60 minutes on Peroxide Punk.
If you want to be as spot on with the IBUs as you can be you can use brewing software like Beersmith.
Beersmith will tell you what 25g of Amarillo @60m will give you and then you can tweak the "end" hop timing until you get 40IBU (10 minutes before end -> whirlpool).

That's a great help - many thanks. That'll learn me for jumping straight to the recipe and not reading the rest of the info!!

Back