Brew day temp control failure (lagger)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceegeesbrew

Reaction score
Brewed a lagger today, pitched yeast, left the house for a couple hours. When I came home I could hear my Inkbird alarm going off. It seems my freezer decided to crap out on me. Checked the inkbird and it is working properly. Freezer will not kick on even when plugged directly into outlet. My question is. I pitched some omega yeast that I was not sure if it was good anymore on top of saflager W- 34/70. Seeing as I’m not sure if fermentation even occurred would it be fine to get a new freezer and pitch a new batch of yeast?

You probably have 24 hours. Some yeast manufacturers actually recommend/endorse pitching around 65-70f, then ranking down to 50f after 24 hours. Let's the yeast get started strong.

But how quickly do you think you could get a freezer?

You probably have 24 hours. Some yeast manufacturers actually recommend/endorse pitching around 65-70f, then ranking down to 50f after 24 hours. Let's the yeast get started strong.

But how quickly do you think you could get a freezer?
Can probably pick one up this week. Not sure what the hell happened last night but when I got up this morning I was at my target temp of 55°. Not sure if the motor is going out on my freezer or what. Probably just best to replace it before my batch sours

Back