• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Bottle crates needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeTrott

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for plastic or wood crates with individual dividers to store my beer. Still new at brewing about a year and still put together October fest bottles for 100 drinkers at our yearly party. Cases of 24 would be great but hey 12 10 does not matter. I am just tired of the cardboard ones ripping. I am in San Francisco. Thank You

There are numerous plans here and on the web to make wooden cases and they can be made rather easily. However, making the dividers significantly increases the amount of work. You could save the cardboard dividers and use them in DIY wooden cases, that is what I do since these dividers actually last a long time, much longer than the cardboard cases.

I picked up some cheap wood crates from the local Walmart for about $12. They don't have dividers, but I can stuff 22, 16oz Grolsch bottles in one. You could probably pull the cardboard dividers out of a comparable sized box and slip in one if you have to.

I personally use plastic Milk crates. Not the ones you buy at the store, but what the milk men use to deliver to the stores. Very rugged and will hold 24-25 long neck 12oz bottles and you can stack extra crates on top of them. Try finding a milkman delivering to a grocery store and strike up a conversation to see if he will give or sell you some. Work out a swap, homebrew for crates.

I use the old style plastic milk crates. Hold 24 small bottles and bomber bottles as well. No dividers, but they stack nice and neat and will last forever.

I use milk crates. They work great. If you want to buy some, Home Depot sells them for 8 bucks and change.

Latest posts

Back