Bottle Capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoNym01

Reaction score
Hey All,

Im in beaufort and am stuck without a bottle capper, unfortunately my beer has stopped fermenting (bubbling) for a little more than 48 hours now. Any recommendations on what to do? Please help!

-Psuedo

The beer will be fine sitting in primary for another week(s)/month(s) Order a capper online or go to a brew shop if there is one near you and buy one. No rush

Wait until you get a bottle capper? No need to rush...

#1: The airlock is not a fermentation gauge, so it really doesn't mean anything.

#2: The beer can sit on the yeast for a lonnggg time. In fact, it's preferred. My low-medium gravity beers stay in the fermenter for 3-4 weeks minimum before I bottle/keg them.

Even if fermentation has completed (which airlock activity does nothing to prove) leaving it in primary for longer will only help it taste better. The yeast, having finished with the fermentable sugars, will go after the byproducts and "clean up after themselves" so to speak. As stated, no problem staying in there for extended periods. Many people say 3 weeks is a minimum for average gravity beers.

Wow...talk about fast response, and a relief to know it will be okay sitting around until we find a capper. This is my first batch so just trying to follow the instructions given :). Thanks all for the help and quick responses!

-Psuedo

Hey All,

Im in beaufort and am stuck without a bottle capper, unfortunately my beer has stopped fermenting (bubbling) for a little more than 48 hours now. Any recommendations on what to do? Please help!

-Psuedo

Your beer will be fine in the fermenter for several weeks. In fact it will probably be better if you leave it in the fermenter for 3 - 4 weeks.

Lack of bubbling does not necessarily mean that it has stopped fermenting. You need an hydrometer to determine if the fermentation has finished.

If you need a bottle capper, PM me with your name and address and I will send you one of my spare wing cappers that I haven't used in years. It won't cost you a dime unless you want to pay for the shipping costs.

-a.

Latest posts

Back