BMC friend conversion!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
Yeah, so.....my neighbor (older guy in his late 50's), and my good friend (younger guy in his late 20's) have been coming by lately just to shoot the bull and smoke cigars while enjoying a few beers have both been converted from diehard BMC guys to craft/homebrew guys. We were sitting there in my garage last night and they both were saying how I turned them into beer snobs and how they tried to drink the stuff they used to drink and were trying to find "flavor" in them. Yes, yes it was a proud day for me. I converted two of my friends, and now have someone to help drain the ever-flowing beer pipeline I call my hobby! Can I gets a "HELL YEAH"?

Props, but sometimes I long for the days I could enjoy cheap beer.

Even cheap beer has its place. After spending 6 hours in 90 degree weather a bud light goes down like a drunken high school girl.\

I think of it this way. 40 dollars for dinner can get you a fantastic meal, but every once in a while 6 dollar chimichanga's can not be beaten.

Props, but sometimes I long for the days I could enjoy cheap beer.

I hear you on that, brother. I go to buy beer and I have my $8 6-pack in the cart and look at the crap beer and think "Why can't I buy 24 beers for ten bucks?!? This isn't fair!" :D

Props to the OP on the conversions. I've been able to swing a few folks to our side with my brown ale. Not too hoppy, a little sweet, good malty flavor. Then work their way up from there. :D

:mug: One of the best, most refreshing beers I ever had was after a 5 mile hike in the Ozarks during the summer. It was a coors light in a can. Amazing.

Different situations call for different standards. If I were locked in a closet for two weeks without food, I'd eat the ass off a dead rat and find it tasty and satisfying. Doesn't make it good. ;)

I just got back from a 5.4 mile hike. I had a Three Floyds Dreadnaught and a Bell's Hell Hath No Fury.

But I guess if Coors Light was all that was available and there was no ice water, I would have had a couple. ;)

I do remember once not too long ago, when I was helping a friend move. It was over 90 degrees that day, and I was piling furniture in a big U-Haul truck. I had a couple Miller Lites and was glad they were around.

I always keep some Miller High Life in the fridge. Great for a 95 degree FL day. Quenches the thirst. And yes, there are the steak and lobster dinners, then there is the 5 dollar taco dinner and one is just as good as the other.

I like to spoil my taste buds with good ****!

I just finished an Insanity workout and am drinking a Deschutes Mirror Pond pale ale. Best. Beer. Ever. For now...

I've got three on tap (Nut Brown w/Pecans, IIPA, Best Bitter), several craft beer bombers (Ommegang, Stone, Southern Tier, etc...) and yet I was looking forward to a Natty Boh when I got home from school today.

You'll be sorry when they just come over for the free beer. Unless you teach them how to brew...

Or try what I do... I've two friends that I converted, and now they are paying for my kits and I'm brewing the beer and that works for us.

Congrats for conversion!

Yeah, one of the guys asked if I can brew a hefe for him. I told him yes..........if he buys the kit and helps on brewday he can have about 2 cases. He started to smile rather largely!

Hey, I have some PBR and some Old Milwaukee in my fridge right now. It has its time and place, and I like it.

Yes it does! A couple of years ago, a friend and I took a motorcycle trip from KC to Yellowstone. One of our camping stops included 'Capital Reef State Park'. It was about 100 degrees, we had been riding all day, we were beat. Well, somebody left a 12'er of PBR at the previous campsite. So, we brought it along!

At Capital Reef, we sat in the middle of a cold stream with our recently acquired free beer and went to work on putting them away... :) Dare I say that at that moment, those PBR's were literally the best beer I had EVER had! lol They were delicious! I was a PBR convert right then and there!

So, of course, a week later we were home and I picked up a 12 pack of PBR, hoping to find that same wonderful flavor that I had discovered previously. NOPE! They sucked... lol That 12 pack was the 2nd longest beer I ever kept. I think I wound up using them for bread or chili or something...

What does this have to do with the OP? Nothing, sorry... Got a little carried away... :cross:

Yeah, so.....my neighbor (older guy in his late 50's), and my good friend (younger guy in his late 20's) have been coming by lately just to shoot the bull and smoke cigars while enjoying a few beers have both been converted from diehard BMC guys to craft/homebrew guys. We were sitting there in my garage last night and they both were saying how I turned them into beer snobs and how they tried to drink the stuff they used to drink and were trying to find "flavor" in them. Yes, yes it was a proud day for me. I converted two of my friends, and now have someone to help drain the ever-flowing beer pipeline I call my hobby! Can I gets a "HELL YEAH"?

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your overflowing pipeline problem, if you wanted I could send you my address so you could mail me your excess beer :D

My buddy puts on an annual "Chug N Run" where we start at his house and run 1 mile to a bar. We have 15 minutes to drink whatever you want...he blows a whistle and we run to the next bar about 1.5 miles away, etc. It takes about 2 hours to go to 4 bars and you burn so many calories that you dont ever get drunk or tipsy. But I will tell you that in 100 degree memphis summer heat + 98% humidity a chugged bud light is one of the most refreshing things you will ever have. Its like ambrosia of the gods, and its still only a bud light.

Anyway, my buddy went to law school and found out what a liability it is to organize an event that involves people drinking and running through the streets of Midtown Memphis and after 3 years of one of the most fun summer activities I have ever done, he shut it down. There is talk of revival, but this time making it a legal run, with cops and everything. It has potential, but local governments have a hard time seeing the benefits of public drinking and running! Even Bay to Breakers has sanctions and that used to be "lawless land"
-Jefe-

My buddy puts on an annual "Chug N Run" where we start at his house and run 1 mile to a bar. We have 15 minutes to drink whatever you want...he blows a whistle and we run to the next bar about 1.5 miles away, etc. It takes about 2 hours to go to 4 bars and you burn so many calories that you dont ever get drunk or tipsy. But I will tell you that in 100 degree memphis summer heat + 98% humidity a chugged bud light is one of the most refreshing things you will ever have. Its like ambrosia of the gods, and its still only a bud light.

Anyway, my buddy went to law school and found out what a liability it is to organize an event that involves people drinking and running through the streets of Midtown Memphis and after 3 years of one of the most fun summer activities I have ever done, he shut it down. There is talk of revival, but this time making it a legal run, with cops and everything. It has potential, but local governments have a hard time seeing the benefits of public drinking and running! Even Bay to Breakers has sanctions and that used to be "lawless land"
-Jefe-

Yeah we used to do something similar, called the dorm crawl. It did NOT envolve running and we did get really drunk, as in puk your lungs up drunk.

Now that I think about it, it really isn't like your example. I will just go back to drinking, carry on!

-Jefe-

Man, sounds like a perfect recipe for heat stroke to me!

Back