Blushing Monkey Wine (Strawberry/Banana)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wangotango1

Reaction score
Awesome name, can't get to the youtube links from work but its definitely something i'll have to check out.

Took a look at the videos last night. Pretty good, like your wine shelf to.

I had a question, the largest fermenter I have is a 7.9 gallon bucket. Think that would work with this much fruit? I see you used at least a 10 gallon one.

Use 2 buckets. That's what I do. 2x 5 gallon buckets work great for my 1x 5 gallon carboy. Buckets usually 3/4 full with liquid/fruit...

WangoTango: The wife is thinking of making this on her first attempt. What do you have to say about the flavor/recipie? Any changes you'd make?

I've watched videos...a couple times...great job dude!
I was planning on doin a batch of strawberry next month. now i'll be buying some amylase enzyme and adding bananas!
I'm new to wine making and have recently purchased a 3 gal carboy. i have very limited space to work with, so i have to keep it scaled back for now. that is until my daughter moves out this summer. don't get me wrong, she can stay with me forever and i wouldn't *****! Lol...daddy's little girl!!! Anyways, her room will be my brew room. then i will start going large. but for now, large is my 3 gal carboy. I've done the cypher'n and ill be doing 3 gals. of the Blushing Monkey.

Thank you

Hey Lukebuz, I think I'd do everything the same, but back off a little so the final gravity would be around 1.010. I was winging it and in the video I thought I hit it on the head, but as you can see in the final, it turned out 1.018 which is sweeter than I usually like it. It's still a great fun wine to make though... and bananas make it much cheaper than most other fruit per Lb.

Took a look at the videos last night. Pretty good, like your wine shelf to.

I had a question, the largest fermenter I have is a 7.9 gallon bucket. Think that would work with this much fruit? I see you used at least a 10 gallon one.
Yeah, if I don't have a 10 gallon one handy, I'll use (2) 7.9 gallon primaries. Either way, I end up using 2 paint straining bags (mesh). As for that wine rack, I knew after my first year, that I needed to build something, so I did the diamond rack I found instructions in an old "Winemaker" magazine and did it with 1/2 inch Oak plywood. I screwed up and had to bracket a few spots but in 10 years, it still holds 250 plus. :ban:

I've watched videos...a couple times...great job dude!
I was planning on doin a batch of strawberry next month. now i'll be buying some amylase enzyme and adding bananas!
I'm new to wine making and have recently purchased a 3 gal carboy. i have very limited space to work with, so i have to keep it scaled back for now. that is until my daughter moves out this summer. don't get me wrong, she can stay with me forever and i wouldn't *****! Lol...daddy's little girl!!! Anyways, her room will be my brew room. then i will start going large. but for now, large is my 3 gal carboy. I've done the cypher'n and ill be doing 3 gals. of the Blushing Monkey.

Thank you
s

3 gallons of Blushing Monkey is 15 bottles of fun!
Thanks, Steve

Strawberry-banana is my favorite Jello ever. :ban: That's why your recipe caught my attention. And the creative name of course. :D

I probably need to watch the videos again to see the answer to my question but...

Does Blushing Monkey mature well? I am planning to make a batch and bottle age half for Holiday Season 2016.

Back