Blichmann Beer Gun - No force carb to the keg beforehand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorjohn11892

Reaction score
Howdy yall,

So it was my first time using the Blichmann beer gun the other day and bottled my beer straight from the fermenter with out force carbing the beer in a keg before-hand. I now know my bottles that are currently in my fridge will be under carbed because I didnt know it was a requirement to do so. I will know next time that if I want to bottle straight from fermenter I will need to use priming sugar.

Now - is there any way I can salvage my beer? I am afraid that if I unbottle all the bottles and put into a keg that it will oxygenate them too much. My only option that I can think of is to try and get my bottles back into a keg and force carb like I should have in the first place.

Help! - Thanks!

Would sugar cubes work just as good? Also after 48 hours in the refrigerator do you think the yeast will still be active enough to create some CO2 in the bottles?

I have heard that Domino Dots are the right size. The yeast are fine. They will be dormant until the temperature rises.

There is some co2 in solution after fermentation, the rest is from the added sugar.

Uncap the bottle drop in a dot, recap. That is really the only way it will work.

Back