Big game beverage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgregg

Reaction score
I have a cellar full of hard to find fantastic beers that I am aging. I have a nice home brewed english bitter and brown ale on tap in my garage and I have a 6 pack of lagunitas brown shugga in the fridge. For the big game tonight though, I will be sticking with nothing but Coors. I want to have more than 2 so I don't want anything too strong and since it's always been my favorite of the mbc offerings and I'm hoping to see Payton get a win in his final game(hoping for that, expecting something different) I thought I'd go with the classic Colorado beer. i would have picked fat tire, but I can't get that here in New York.

What are the rest of you planning on enjoying while watching the game tonight?

I've got several heavy hitters.A Citra IPA, Cooper's Real Ale, Mutton's Pilsner and 1 or 2 SMASH's,but I wanted something that allows me to have more than one but lets room for pizza and wings,so I'm having Iron City Light.

I've got several heavy hitters.A Citra IPA, Cooper's Real Ale, Mutton's Pilsner and 1 or 2 SMASH's,but I wanted something that allows me to have more than one but lets room for pizza and wings,so I'm having Iron City Light.

Have you ever had the iron city mango? Do they still make it? I had it a few years ago and loved it but haven't seen it in Ohio since.

I have the New Belgium spring folly and some other assorted brews...
  • Fat Tire
  • RyePA
  • Citradelic
  • and Ranger
  • Death Rides a Pale Horse - Los Muertos
  • ***** Creek - Grand Teton
  • Milk Stout - Left Hand
  • Ellie's Brown - Avery
  • and Guinness Extra
-
I don't have any homebrew, well, because it's not done yet. Have a fun (and responsible) game day!

I'm going to my neighbors and trying to decide what to bring.
Should I offer them a blind taste test pitting my chimay clone against a chimay red or Should I bring bombers of my ESB?

Should I let them off the hook with having drink my homebrew and offer them assorted professionally made brew from my inventory:
Lagunitas sucks
Brown Shugga
Devils Backbone Vienna Lager
Dominion Oktoberfest (last one!)
Augustiner Maximator
Young's Double Chocolate

I'm not sharing my Rocheforts! At least not until I brew up a clone for a head to head tasting.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm going to my neighbors and trying to decide what to bring.
Should I offer them a blind taste test pitting my chimay clone against a chimay red or Should I bring bombers of my ESB?

Should I let them off the hook with having drink my homebrew and offer them assorted professionally made brew from my inventory:
Lagunitas sucks
Brown Shugga
Devils Backbone Vienna Lager
Dominion Oktoberfest (last one!)
Augustiner Maximator
Young's Double Chocolate

I'm not sharing my Rocheforts! At least not until I brew up a clone for a head to head tasting.

Decisions, decisions.

ESB!

No-one will care for anything exotic or do a taste test. Chances are they're 3 sheets to the wind already.

Back