best places for info on water adjustments?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisforbrew

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just getting into adjusting water. What are some great avenues for information on adjusting water ph for mashing and for different styles of beer

For general information, read the water sticky in the Brew Science forum on HBT and/or the book Water. For any specific or technical questions/information (including feedback on your water report), start a thread in the Brew Science forum and you'll get some replies and help from some experts.

My tap water is just nasty so I use all distilled water. Yeah, it adds a few dollars to a batch but it is cheap insurance that my water won't affect my beer. I have played around with a couple of the water adjustment sites and found the EZ water mentioned above to be about the easiest to use. With using a balanced water profile from EZ water my pale ales and IPA'S have been excellent. Trying to get any deeper into water chemistry just makes my head hurt and I have found this an easy and reliable method for water adjustment.good luck and cheers.

Back