Belle Saison temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcGuay

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm using Belle Saison from Danstar for the first time and have a question about temperature. I have a small room with an electric heater for temp control and am fermenting in plastic buckets. My temperature readings are from a thermometer sticker on the side of the bucket. Once it got going it was around 73F, then after 48hrs I turned the temp in the room up, and it's now sitting at 81F. Should I leave it this warm for the rest of the entire fermentation period (est ~3 weeks) or just the primary fermentation (est 3-6 days)? The room also keeps my carbonating and waiting-to-go-in-the-fridge beers, not sure what effect the higher room temps will have on those.

Thanks for any ideas,
Marc

You can leave it this warm during the whole fermentatino period. The other beer will not like the higher temperatures much, but it can handle it.
The belle saison yeast can take a long time to finish, so fermenting this warm is not a bad idea.

Back