Beer Recipe Ideas and Cider Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donutz

Reaction score
I have now brewed two beers. One is a mutton's IPA extract kit with added hops and I have also done a ruination IPA. The Mutton's is now on its 3rd week of conditioning... and the Ruination is will be done dry hopping on Super Bowl Sunday!!!!

Anyhow, my wife bought me this home brew kit for Christmas (gave it to me about a week before Christmas). I promised her that I would make her a cider after I do the mutton's kit (YEAH RIGHT!!). After I the mutton's was fermenting, I saw an episode of craigtube and he showed the sediment caps. I went to the dudes site to check them out and I saw these things called home brew caps.
(http://homebrewingcaps.com). Then I saw the caps on the website that I just posted. They are some sort of caps that this dude developed. According to the video this dude made, you just pour in your favorite juice, add a cup of sugar, then sprinkle in some yeast...shake the bottle and you are done. You put his cap on. Here is the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9OHf7weO9I#t=79). That made me question it. Is this cap just an airlock device?? And Secondly, is making a cider this easy??? My wife loves cider. So, based on the above information, I told her about it, and I said that I don't know if I want to use all of my equipment to make cider when we could just do it in a milk jug and place an airlock on it!!! Let me know what you think about my above questions and this idea!!!

IF the above ideas and assumptions are correct... then I need an idea for a recipe for me!!! I do LOVE IPA's as you can tell. SweetWater, Bell's, Riverdog, Terrapin, etc etc etc. Give me a very strong hoppy IPA and I will have a smile on my face. I also like pale ales... Love me some Sweetwater 420, Fat Tire, etc... you get the picture. Stouts not so much.... I'm hit or miss... Does anyone have an outstanding recipe that they love??? I think I would like to do something like a clone... The reason I want to kind of stick with clones right now is that I can know if I am somewhat close or really far off with what I'm brewing!!!

Thank you for your time!!
:mug:

Back