Beer line that doesn't leave a taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... um... any that's food grade? :D

Did you do any kind of wash before using the line for the first time? Like send through a hot vinegar solution?

That should clear up the problem.

The first post in this thread should shed some light on your situation.

Frankly a lot of people never have issues with their vinyl tubing but I can't tell whether it's because they either aren't sensitive to the taste or whether they actually got legit tubing that doesn't leave a taste.

IME, the first stuff I bought from my LHBS was the normal soft vinyl beverage tubing and was absolute ****e. Left a nasty taint to every beer from Oat stout to a Kolsch. After getting fed up with that I looked on here about the problem and realized it wasn't just me getting it. The thread I linked to was the one that helped me choose the right stuff.

The Tygon b-44-4x (USPlastics and a few other places) doesn't have the plastic taste, but beer in the lines does seem to oxidize noticeably in a day or two. Ultimately, if you're sensitive to the taste, best thing is just to dump the first ounce or two.

Latest posts

Back